SOLD NJ: 1996 LX450 3X Locked, Supercharger, OEM Sub Tank, 156k (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
White
Putting up my cruiser for sale due to relocating. I've put a lot of time and money into this truck to make it my own. I believe in Toyota's engineering and longevity in parts. Because of this I stick to only OEM unless a proven upgrade is available. Most of the work has been completed by me using only OEM parts and instruction manuals.
In 1997, with 7k miles, the speedometer failed and was replaced with new by the Lexus dealer. I have the Lexus service record indicating this and the truck has the door jam sticker showing the change in mileage. This event will show up on the history report as a Not Actual Mileage. Putting this up top so its clear to any potential buyer who runs the report.
The cruiser is very clean with original paint and no body work.
Here is a list of completed work and upgrades.

1996 LX450, 4.5L Supercharged Inline 6cyl.
156k miles.
Center, Front, and Rear Lockers
Asking: $32.5k

• Head gasket job at 146k using OEM Toyota parts. This includes new head bolts, washers, screws, gaskets, seals, and sealants. Receipts available.
  • Engine block flushed and cooling system serviced with Toyota Red coolant.
  • New Radiator, thermostat, and water pumps installed.
  • New OEM radiator hoses.
  • New OEM heating system hoses and valves.
  • New belts.
  • AC system serviced. I had it evacuated at a responsible shop, then I replaced the condenser, TXV, and dryer with new OEM and finally serviced the evaporator. System recharged at Toyota dealer to OEM spec.
  • Vacuum system serviced with ALL new OEM hoses and sensors.
  • Intake manifold cleaned internally and serviced with new gaskets.
  • Front main crank seal replaced with new OEM. Common leak point on 80’s and is partially involved to complete.
  • Oil pump seal replaced with OEM.
  • Power steering pump overhauled using OEM rebuild kit. Common failure point on 80’s. Done as preventative maintenance.
  • Steering gear box rebuilt using OEM kit. Another common failure point. Done as preventative maintenance.
  • New OEM steering tie rods installed and adjusted by dealer on alignment machine.
  • Front steering knuckles rebuilt entirely with new OEM bearings, seals, and gaskets.
  • Rear axle rebuilt with new OEM bearings, seals, and gaskets.
  • Starter upgraded to the more robust 2.2kW version. I rebuilt it with all new OEM parts for longevity.
  • All new OEM undercarriage Bushings. Expensive and big job.
  • New cat-back exhaust with new OEM hangers and gaskets. OEM exhaust is no longer available.
  • Parking brake system overhauled and parts replaced with new OEM.
  • Alternator cleaned and rebuilt with new brushes and seals.
  • Throttle body cleaned, calibrated and serviced with new gaskets.
  • Heater core removed and serviced as preventative maintenance. Big job.
  • New 285/75/16 BF Goodrich All Terrains.
  • YellowBox speedo corrector installed to compensate for larger tires.
  • Engine harness near the EGR was inspected and insulated with high temperature insulation. Common issue on 80’s where the harness melts due to failed clips. Harness on my truck was untouched. I wrapped it as preventative maintenance.
  • New OEM bushings for rear sway bar.
  • New OME “stock height” suspension with new OEM shocks.
  • New ARB front bull bar. OEM bumper included.
  • NWTI Rear bumper.
  • TRD Magnuson Supercharger. 12k on it.
  • LandTank Orange Fan Clutch.
  • LandTank MAF kit. Custom MAF assembly to provide better metering of air. Utilizes a new OEM MAF sensor.
  • OEM Ratcheting chain tensioner.
  • OEM Quad Headlights with correct LHD lenses. Upgraded wiring.
  • OEM SubTank system. All OEM parts used and installed as it would be at the factory. Includes matching overhead console. Does not impede use of the spare tire system. 80’s were designed to have this tank. The US market just did not get it.
  • Center, front, and rear differential lockers.
  • Center diff lock switch
  • New OEM front and rear locker actuators.
  • New front driveshaft. Original had failing u-joints. It was cheaper to replace with new compared to having it serviced.
  • 3rd row seats included. Like new.
  • OEM Radio included.
  • Radio antenna serviced to function as new.
  • New OEM hood insulation and clips.
  • New OEM throttle cable.
  • OEM hand throttle cable added.
  • New OEM windshield with seal.
  • New JDM AC condenser fan.
  • WoolWax under body coating.
  • 2 OEM keys and remotes includes
  • New Odyssey Battery

More photos will be added over the weekend. If you have any questions please message me.
7EC8E8F5-354C-4D6D-B52A-8ED2FA39D551.jpeg
6E3112C4-8E75-477D-9871-6A9283E64C54.jpeg
9B500024-FD65-4D43-8119-F27607572195.jpeg
DA51D928-ED06-47D7-8E1D-3A2A64A8C6E4.jpeg
21B1D4EF-F01E-49E3-9552-CC62DA096745.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank you all for the interest and positive vibes. Original buyer backed out to seek newer model and I wish him the best of luck. No hard feelings.
I have also decided that I am unable to part ways with this vehicle. I will be hanging on to it and doing some more upgrades. The next project will be a supercharger intercooler.

I am unhappy posting this but the efforts of keeping the truck are not on my side and unfortunately it has to go.:frown: This means it's back on the market.
Since the original post I've replaced the the motor mounts and transmission mount. In addition, I have worked out the details and machining for the 90º oil filter adapter. Ready to go in. I look forward to finding this truck a new home. There are a lot of extras included in the purchases such as replacement OEM new parts and special service tools. Please message me with any questions.

FWIW, Woolwax undercoating is legit. Works really well. Smells a bit at first when it burns off exhaust components, but that passes quickly. Highly recommend it

Hi Seller- Question...and maybe I missed it somewhere in the text....but what is with the headlight conversion? Could explain please?

Hi Seller- Question...and maybe I missed it somewhere in the text....but what is with the headlight conversion? Could explain please?
The headlights are from a non-US spec 80 series and often referred to as quad headlights. I imported OEM parts from overseas and ensured all items are correct for a left hand drive vehicle. Often these get imported and the beams blind oncoming traffic; these do not. I upgraded the wiring harness to include relays that feed power directly from the battery via new wiring. They function as they would from the factory. The setup was done as a plug-and-play design to prevent cutting any wires. US-spec headlights can be installed without any modifications.

I love this truck as well.

I'm still a few weeks away from any real serious discussions........

This went to a mud member. I could not be happier with it. The amount of care and attention to detail the seller put into it is truly exceptional, even for an 80 owner. I am still actively wrapping my brain
This went to a mud member. I could not be happier with it. The amount of care and attention to detail the seller put into it is truly exceptional, even for an 80 owner. I am still actively wrapping my brain around it.
Yes, you certainly have a very unique truck. I am going to miss seeing it around town. Enjoy the truck.

This went to a mud member. I could not be happier with it. The amount of care and attention to detail the seller put into it is truly exceptional, even for an 80 owner. I am still actively wrapping my brain around it.
It was very nice to meet you and I am happy that the truck went to a MUD family member. Enjoy it and love it like I did. Please reach out with any questions. Take care of "Spot" for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom