Nitrogen / co2... again (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok I did search, but didn't find anything specifically on this.

I've got a huge a$$ (for paintball big, but not for 4wheeling) nitrogen tank and co2 tank. The nitro tank is probably like a 3 lb. tank. Is there a way to get some sort of a hose that I could connect to that tank to fill up my tires? Does this even sound possible or am I just talking crazy?

thanks in advance,
bry

you have to look at the specs for your tank (or general specs for whatever gas it was built for - they differ) and see if it will handle the pressure of CO2.

If so, you will need a pressure relief valve set at the correct pressure. then put a valve that has the correct fitting for CO2.

All the info can be found out there. However, it may not be worth the trouble if your tank is really small or the wrong gas to start with. 3 lbs may give you something like 5-10 tires I'm guessing. Could be only one outing. Not much.

For the most part, tanks for inert, compressed gasses are the same. They differ in the hardware at the top. This is for the most part to make them idiot proof to prevent the inadvertant hooking up of the incorrect gas.

Nitrogen should work fine for airing up a tire. Go to someplace like Praxair for the fittings and type of regulator.

Ross

Thanks guys... I think by the time I spend $ on trying to set up a small nitro tank, I'm better off going and buying a knock off brand co2 set up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom