Nitro Gear still in business? Need parts and they don't respond to messages (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have Nitro Gear UCAs that need new polymer bushings (yet again......4th set in 3 years). Been calling for 3 weeks and leaving messages, emailed and messaged on Facebook. Zero response. I see their pop up ads here, but they have been silent.

I’m unclear on the relationship between Nitro Gear and Just Differentials, but I’ve had no issues with communication with Just Differentials (where I bought my Nitro Gear UCAs)

You bought direct from Nitro or from Just Differentials? If you just need bushings then @justdifferentials can probably help.

Originally sourced via Jason at Trail Tailor when I did my lift. First set of replacement bushings were ordered direct from Nitro. The other 2 sets were ordered from Just Differentials via my LandCruiser mechanic here in Austin. Still don't understand the dynamic between Nitro and Just Differentials. Seems maybe JD is a reseller/vendor of Nitro?

Anyway, Nitro reached out to me on Facebook so hopefully will get this all sorted out. Might just upgrade the control arms as replacing bushings every 9-10 months is annoying. The failure point is always the same.....the "flanges" tear and peal away. I've had everything looked at multiple times and no one can seem to figure out why those flanges tear away.

Asking because I thought the most recent version has oem rubber bushings where the arms mount to the body.

I’m pretty sure previous versions used poly bushings.

Nitro sold out...

F66EC104-11DD-4C88-AD3C-37A6FF60A880.jpeg

I only have their gears in my front diff. Maybe they will last a long time.

Well that's a bummer. But, anytime I see a small-ish shop get bought like this I hold onto some hope that the founder/owner got paid big and had a positive life-changing outcome from it.
Industry leading brands! Tuff country! Daystar! Oh yeah!

Let's see what the private equity guys do to nitro and just differentials.

That was my thought as well. Sounds like Nitro is the best part of that lineup so far...

Things aren’t good so far. I ordered a set of uca’s a week ago and they sent them to an old address as opposed to the one I gave them. They don’t answer messages or return calls and fedex would not stop the delivery unless initiated by the shipper, so my upper control arms were delivered 130 miles away from where I live. I called them 50+ times, left massages, sent emails, and still nothing. Going to deal with it through my credit card company since they won’t respond to anything. I really hope Carl made out big, he’s a good dude and I bough about 10k worth of diffs from him over the past few years without any issues. But, things change. Shop elsewhere

Last edited:
I was getting pop-up ads from Just Differentials until recently.

They were just acquired- hope it doesn’t affect quality of gears and components.

c04d191f-5521-48cb-923f-14026a473702.png
S.gif
9007ffcf-9740-4ec5-8339-c965d4c78e4b.png

Nitro Gear & Axle and Just Differentials is please to announce we have been acquired by DPI Off-Road Brands.

As a DPI Off-Road Brand, we're joining our premium line of differential gears, axles and traction devices to other industry leading brands and online stores like, Tuff Country, Daystar, Revtek, HCR, Performance Accessories, VooDoo Offroad Ropes, Scorpion Extreme Products, MCE, Leveling Solutions, and HCT Powersports.

We will be able to offer more recovery gear, more suspension and lift kits, more body kits, like bumpers and fenders, plus hundreds of products we haven't offered before.

Your Nitro family wants to thank you for your continued support and business.
We're excited to see what's ahead.​

Grey
A D V E N T U R E T O G E T H E R
#adventure2gether​
abe62012-7132-427d-8d30-6a62028cb8ce.png

I was really worried that trail gear bought them when I heard about this. Im really glad that is not the case, as then everything would be made in China and not fit right.

my biggest worry now is that Carl was a cruiser guy, if he is no longer at the wheel the new owners might not see the need for quality as much as they do a low price point. That’s the way Yukon went, and IMO why nitro took over. I blew up a lot of Yukon gears in marlin and Zuk built Toyota carriers. Haven’t even broke a tooth off of a ring gear with nitro gears built by just differentials.

On another note, I was ready to pull the trigger on a stage 4 kit for my 100 series. I sent Carl a message to make sure they had kits in stock, when I didn’t get a reply I ordered uca’s from nitro and everything else from metal tech or slee. Glad I did that, otherwise I’d have $4500 worth of parts sitting on a strangers door step.

I guys I desperately need poly bushings for my Nitro UCA (LC100) the version that has the red poly bushes with Ball Joint, cannot seem to find them anywhere, does anyone know where to find them or the sizing?

I called about a new set of arms I ordered. I already have a set that needs the bushings and ball joints. Figures I would swap in new ones then rebuild the old ones for future use.
They don't have the parts I need and they lost the manufacturer of the arms and are looking for a new source. Pretty lame.

I plan to buy some arms from Slee and never deal with Nitro or Just Diffs again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom