Nipple Guard 2000 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MoJ

Threads
@NLXTACY

Hey Joey, see that bolt next to the often broken radiator nipple? :idea:

784C1880-6077-4AE4-82BA-92250D7E06F5.jpeg
:hmm:

...as well as something to firm up cracked or degraded fan shroud hole for said bolt. ?"Shroud Hole Protector"??

What real purpose does that stupid nipple serve? Toyota builds a truck for the wildest places on the planet and puts a very easily broken item that could literally completely strand a vehicle by simply lifting the hood and resting your hand in the wrong place. Seems like that could have been routed elsewhere. Makes belt maintenance a huge pain in the ass, I know that.

You need to improve your TTM cycle.

That's where NLXTACY can step in. His TTM will make your head spin:rofl:...

The LC Phil product looks great! It appears the leg has a fold and then does rest on the radiator. It looks like quite an improvement to me. I'd suggest rattle canning it with bright pink or yellow paint to remind us not to lean on it.

FWIW, I just tied a 10" long orange pipe cleaner around my rad nipple and I have them sticking up like antennae. The idea is to just remind me visually not to put my hand there. It looks dorky as hell, but it was free and it works.

The LC Phil product looks great! It appears the leg has a fold and then does rest on the radiator. It looks like quite an improvement to me. I'd suggest rattle canning it with bright pink or yellow paint to remind us not to lean on it.

FWIW, I just tied a 10" long orange pipe cleaner around my rad nipple and I have them sticking up like antennae. The idea is to just remind me visually not to put my hand there. It looks dorky as hell, but it was free and it works.

The final product does change slightly as in more extended protection. And yes there is a rolled tab with radiator contact but keep in mind this has been run for ~2 years with normal service without issue. As for the finish, we are looking at stainless steel and you will be free to customize to fit the theme of your 80.

And NO! I will not take any of your money now or any time before we have a product available in stock and ready to ship. But feel free to post your interest.:)

Last edited:
Or just bend a piece of aluminum flat stock into a Hat Section, pop-rivet it onto the fan shroud, call it a day.

Be sure to rotate the constant torque clamp to the bottom of the hose.

I have an all metal radiator...so I don't worry about that now...but when I had my plastic one....that is what I had on it. It is both a protector and visual 'reminder' to stay the hell off of it.

Hat1.jpg

Hat2.jpg

Hat3.jpg

Not having one of these, what is it's purpose?

No no no, the nipple on the rad. The guard thingy make sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom