Niner, OK planning... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

woody

Staff member
Admin
Threads
the trail schedule for Oklahoma is Clayton on Nov 11-12 (Sa-Su) and Poteau on the 13th (M)

my thot was to head down Thurs nite the 10th, arrive the afternoon of Fri the 11th, and return on Mon nite/Tues, getting home early aft the 15th

3 weekdays of vacation

gonna check with the crew, but I know Poteau is hotel only, and I believe most are hotelling in Clayton too...

what's the dually get for mileage without the slide? My trailer/cruiser is lighter than yers too (quite a bit I suspect) and with the windshield down/off, it's less wind to deal with....

gotta get this plannin..."could" even push for a earlyish out on Monday and be home by work early early on T morning....I wouldn't mind the extra vac day....lol

....now it gets messy....

have a ticket coming for SEMA the weekend before....fly to Vegas on Wed nite or Thurs morning...home on Sat afternoon....

then, out Thurs and back Tues....

uugh

also, Jon was mumbling something about talking Anderson into taking his Jeep too and running his Duramax down with the 5th with both rigs for all 4 of us....

tho, as you know, odds of that happening are not good.....lol

planning now on just us two....

Sorry I missed this until now, The dually gets about 9-10 without the camper. 7-8 with with my junk on the trailer. the windshield down never really helped with the camper on.

10mpg, 2000 miles, 200 gallons at $2.50 = $500...not bad at all...

Given the time of year and all, I'm leanin' hotellin...Poteau is hotel regardless anyways....seat-sleepin on the trip down and back

Gas or diesel? Diesel was 3.13-3.16 in Oklahoma yesterday.. I had one $100 fillup on the way back from Disney yesterday.. It's sitting at $3.30 in KC now. But gas is cheaper! @ 2.12-2.20 so your golden if it's a gasser.. Have fun, not gonna be able to afford it this year..

gasser in this case....Chev big block....glad to know my $2.50 guess was high too, it's right around $2.55 here...

I know we've been in tossup mode too....if Tex hadn't called me to get a date, I'd likely skip too, but it's hard to have a CHI with any CH attendees :D

Didn't want you to come down this way and be surprised by Diesel prices.. Fill up in Iowa before Missouri and fill up again in Oklahoma and you should be good to go! I'd love to go but a trip last weekend and again this weekend, I"m done after that for a bit....
Iowa always has cheaper gas with the Ethanol stuff they add.. Have fun!

we skip IA tho, run down thru St Louis via Illinois...

Hard time justifying the time myself....CA for 4 days last week, possibly flying out for 2-3 days for SEMA, then OK the weekend after...uugh

One of these days I'm gonna get the TAC crew on a Lemon-search...damn guy has stiffed me on payments...can you say repo??

Talked to Jon, he's not sure if He can do the Monday off thing due to work but he would like to go and he's not sure if Anderson will be able to at this time I'll keep you posted.

Is Clayton, south east of OK City?

works for me.....sounds like I outta do hotel res's either way tho, get 1 room for 3 nites....

it would be possible (ugly, but possible) to be home by 7am-ish on Tues....I left OK last year about 3p and was home by 8a, with a few hours sleep. Poteau is a tad closer than Clayton (locations/dates were reversed last year) I might work the aft on T depending....

I'll make res's tonite, good excuse to see if the new cell phone works, er no....

might also be possible to only run Sa/Su and be back early M morning....if Jon/Chris are able to get his rig ready...

Poteau is fun, but insane :D

Holler if you wanna lemon repo someday! More than happy to help! Have a fun trip!

Jon/Chris are out, Amanda said I owe her big, but I am in even if I have to call in to work.

LOL...suhweet

I'm in major schmooooze mode with C too....flying to Vegas next week for SEMA, home for 4-5 days, then off to OK...good thing she's off to FL for a wedding while we'z in OK....

So It's leave Thursday Night back Tuesday Morning?

correct....load up Thurs nite, on the road around 6ish maybe....arrive around 4ish on Clayton for 2 nites....then to Poteau for a nite on Sun, head'er home on Mon afternoon, back Tues morning.

I could make Poteau optional....have to see what damage is incurred at Clayton first :D

Sounds great just going to put in for the days off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom