Nightview removal? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone done this? Nightview is pretty much crap and the box on my dash rattles. I hate rattles and would like a dash mat. So has anyone pulled this thing out? I would love to remove the camera from the windshield as well. All this crap makes using a solar screen difficult, and the window tint guys weren't real excited about installing ceramic film on a windshield you can barely access because of all the crap in the way.

@Coin don't listen to these guys! Ha.
Thinking about doing the same thing myself, once I figure out how to tastefully fill the hole in the dash that will be left.
For people that love NightView: I have a DeLorean to sell to you.

Night View is a rare and collectible feature. Removing it is basically sacrilege. Just sell it for the immense premium and get a non night view LX for cheap.

Buy his parts @nukegoat you'll need spares eventually

@Coin don't listen to these guys! Ha.
Thinking about doing the same thing myself, once I figure out how to tastefully fill the hole in the dash that will be left.
For people that love NightView: I have a DeLorean to sell to you.

That's why I'm thinking a dash mat. There is going to be no real way to fill the hole and make it look decent. Maybe you could make a mold and create a silicon tray that fits. Actually, that would be pretty cool! Anyone care to try it?

@nukegoat, you can have dibs on my parts for only $1,999. :cool:

The tray sounds like a job for @BenCC.

That's why I'm thinking a dash mat. There is going to be no real way to fill the hole and make it look decent. Maybe you could make a mold and create a silicon tray that fits. Actually, that would be pretty cool! Anyone care to try it?

@nukegoat, you can have dibs on my parts for only $1,999. :cool:
In all honesty I threw mine out already but kept the wart on the dash. I would love a thing to replace the wart that would hold a flashlight, chapstick, etc

Agreed @lawsklsux (& @BenCC). Thinking that a plastic plate would work - one that is recessed just enough to epoxy a color-appropriate piece of leather over the top. Could look pretty good, done right - but, that's a layman talking, could be very challenging to get the curvature/depth right on the 3D print.

At lunch today I had enough. I pried the wart up and broke the clips holding it in place. I was able to then see there are 4 screws holding those clips in place. You can remove them from the underside after pulling the gauge cluster. There is only one bolt holding the actual Nightview projector in place. Remove that bolt and unclip the wire harness from the ECU, and it's out.

I now have a tasteful hand towel laid across the hole. It makes for a nice place to keep sunglasses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom