Night Vision System (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hoser

SILVER Star
Threads
Has anybody used the Night Vision System? I heard it works well but can't really imagine how it works.
LPic1_3543.jpg
LPic1_3544.jpg
LPic1_3545.jpg

Here's a photo of what it does....I believe it uses an IR beam to scan the road, enhances the image, then projects it onto the screen/windshield. Actually, IR systems like this are superior to brighter headlamps. Not sure about the Toyota/Lexus system, but other systems I've seen light are so bright, you don't even need headlights to see!
http://toyota.jp/landcruisercygnus/safety/active/index.html

Last edited:
The Lexus USA website has a very good description and explanation on how it functions.

Looks slick, but I'd rather have e-code HID low beams.

Trying to replace my night vision windshield with the heads up display is a real pain - anyone have any success getting new glass with the mysterious HUD square on it recently? I'm afraid they may have stopped making them. Have ordered two and no luck getting the HUD imbedded glass.

Trying to replace my night vision windshield with the heads up display is a real pain - anyone have any success getting new glass with the mysterious HUD square on it recently? I'm afraid they may have stopped making them. Have ordered two and no luck getting the HUD imbedded glass.
Are you ordering the correct part number? Partsouq lists 20 in stock and a couple of on line retailers are listing them - but I guess there might be a difference between what’s listed and what’s actually available for shipping.
I had mine changed out some time back and insurance did all the legwork, only question they asked is if I wanted bronze or green tint.
Here's what it costs to replace NightView Windshield ($2005.07)

3A505C1C-7984-4B30-A895-BA5448F8222B.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom