Night Vision in an LC? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sorry for having to ask this, because I know most probably think it's worthless (but cool). Can you put the LX night vision in a LC? I notice that I have an empty spot where the control is supposed to go in mine......

I know there are aftermarket systems available.

I've hit a deer before, and am willing to spend money up front to help in "Deer Avoidance". After that, its just up to the bumper.......

John

Good question, I would imagine it would be pretty pricey. You have to figure that the MSRP on the systems alone is $2200, then the labot to install it. I don't know that any dealer would want to tackle this kind of project and most likely you would have resort to some stereo shop or tackle the job yourself with the factory manual.
On a related matter, we just purchased an 04 LX470 and it came with night vision. I haven't had the opportunity to really try it out, but last night on our way home (dark twisty road) I flicked it on and could see that the camera does allow you see more than you can see without it. The system has an adjustable setting so that you can turn it down and minimize the distraction. Overall, I think it's a great system, but having it installed after may not be fun. ($$$$)

Hey, it was your post on your new LX that got me thinking about it. Nice truck, about the same color as mine. Congrats.

One of the reasons I didn't get the LX is that the dealer is 450 miles away.......I have about all I need in the LC, getting the stereo upgraded as we speak.

Anyone know what year the LX night vision first became available?
An IR-based night vision is really the way to go instead of brighter headlights. I've seen one (a roof-mounted dome) that allows one to drive at night using no headlights at all!

ndcruiser said:
Hey, it was your post on your new LX that got me thinking about it. Nice truck, about the same color as mine. Congrats.

One of the reasons I didn't get the LX is that the dealer is 450 miles away.......I have about all I need in the LC, getting the stereo upgraded as we speak.

Thank you NDCruiser! Are you just having the head unit replaced?

CTapia

Jim_Chow said:
Anyone know what year the LX night vision first became available?
An IR-based night vision is really the way to go instead of brighter headlights. I've seen one (a roof-mounted dome) that allows one to drive at night using no headlights at all!

Jim_Chow,

According to Lexus, the night vision was introduced in 03

2003 Info

CTapia,

Not having the head unit replaced, trying to keep the clean look. Got Diamond separates in front with Dynomatting yesterday, makes a big difference, now the rear speakers and to figure out what to do with or about the sub.

http://www.nightdriver.com/ - here we go.

John

NDcruiser,

The Dynomatt is great, it make the interior quiet and keeps the bass tight. On the 4Runner, I ended up installing the dynamat and some Boston PROs and the results was astounding!
I can't complain on the LX since it's already nice and quiet and the sound is great. The only thing lacking is a bit more bass (for my taste). I think that I'll eventually look for some portable bass tube which will allow me to remove it if I need the extra space.

BTW... Any idea on the pricing for the nightdriver system?

http://candidotapia.tripod.com/id9.html

CTapia,

I think its a bit over 3K for the night driver - I checked one of the vendors.

Getting rear speakers and sub installed today with an old punch 40 amp I had laying around. Haven't heard it yet, but the installer says the install is pretty sweet. I'm not looking for tons of space, and I want to maximize my space back there.

I'll post a pic later on.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom