Night View Beam Placement with new ARB Bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm in the process of building up my 06 LX470. The truck has the night view upgrade and the beams are integrated into the stock front bumper. Has anyone out there found a spot on the ARB's for the beams/sensors?

following. planning arb upgrade on LX with nightview in a couple weeks. I did read some people just do not use the nightview lights from the bumper and the system still operates. Something about if you're throwing enough light down the road the system will still operate. I think I read that the bulb is not a true IR bulb and has just a filter in front of it. There are true IR bulbs from rigid but i am not sure if these will work with the IR system on the LX.

Curious as well. I haven't made the bumper upgrade yet, but would like to keep NV/IR operational when I do.

following. planning arb upgrade on LX with nightview in a couple weeks. I did read some people just do not use the nightview lights from the bumper and the system still operates. Something about if you're throwing enough light down the road the system will still operate. I think I read that the bulb is not a true IR bulb and has just a filter in front of it. There are true IR bulbs from rigid but i am not sure if these will work with the IR system on the LX.

The system still (kinda) operates without the Night View lights, but the whole point of the system is that the Night View lights are supposed to "throw" a "high beam pattern" in IR, allowing you to see further than your headlights w/o blinding oncoming traffic.

I haven't seen anything about what frequency the camera is sensitive to, the FSM just describes it as "near IR"

Bump, any more details on this? I have an 06 and would like to know more!

Me too. Although I am not real impressed with NightView, I would like to keep it. But I won't let it keep me from getting a bumper, won't be the end of the world if it goes away.

I don't have NightView but am interested in this topic. I'm curious if the position needs to be relatively close to factory, otherwise you could potentially extend the harness and mount wherever you like on a new bumper.

The night view projectors indeed focus on infrared, which fortunately, the Toyota engine block produces plenty of on its own

In all seriousness, is the night view quality as awesome as our backup camera quality? The only time I ever use the backup camera is if I'm trying to squeeze out the final inch of space when I back into a spot, but other than that I find the thing almost useless.

In all seriousness, is the night view quality as awesome as our backup camera quality? The only time I ever use the backup camera is if I'm trying to squeeze out the final inch of space when I back into a spot, but other than that I find the thing almost useless.
In all seriousness it's like ten times worse than the bu camera

This chart explains the basic Nightview concept quite well, as it pertains to near IR. The driver is depicted as a rodent for ease of explanation. Note that for optimal NIR viewing, Nightview does require the sub-retinal injection (OEM injection kit available at a premium from the dealer, or aftermarket on Rock Auto etc).
fx1_lrg.jpg

This chart explains the basic Nightview concept quite well, as it pertains to near IR. The driver is depicted as a rodent for ease of explanation. Note that for optimal NIR viewing, Nightview does require the sub-retinal injection (OEM injection kit available at a premium from the dealer, or aftermarket on Rock Auto etc).
Lexus wanted $420 for the sub-retinal injection but the Toyota dealer has them for $249 as part of their Get Out and Drive at Night campaign. I would rather have the procedure done in the cleaner Lexus service bays however, so maybe worth the upcharge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom