night at the beach this weekend (2/14)? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am thinking about heading for a night of family friendly beach camping this weekend (Feb 14th). When I say family friendly I mean 3.5 and 1.5 year olds (full disclosure) but there's plenty of room to spread out too.
Anyone interested? We can possibly do either Sat night or Sun night...

Weather is perfect in Puerto Penasco. Tide is up to 4 m on Saturday night (but I have no idea how much beach that leaves....).

hmm, how long is the drive there? i only get about 10mpg

Hard to say. Estimate 200 miles round trip to gas station, but it's on the beach which probably lowers your mpgs. See LCP's thread for the last trip. Search for beach.

It was awesome.....waiting to get some pix off the camera. We found an awesome campsite and didn't see another soul all day and night. Miles before we found someone else. Cool breeze and warm sun. Night temps were low 60's. Perfect for a fire, "banana smores" and fireworks. Kids loved the sand, water and sea shells. Found an amazing "Conch" (sp?) shell.

Made it there and back without issues. Drove the entire beach from Campos Las Brisas to El Golfo...didn't make it up to the lighthouse though...traction issues. There were a lot of people trying, quite the site actually.

I found it slow going on the beach though...wondered how you guys got up to 100 mph? Mileage was abysmal, but also saw that there is PeMex in El Golfo, though didn't need it. Found it best to take it easy and try to maintain traction rather than spin around. Never got stuck.
I deflated to 20 PSI...wondered if I should have gone lower (285/75/R16 Toyo AT IIs).

A great time....we're already plotting our return. Also took some time to explore the hills above the beach. Lots of interesting trails up there.

That sounds like a great time - similiar to what we did... FYI - we never did 100mph on the sand or though we would of liked too

Some pix ...
Arriving on the beach...
beach entry.jpg

Selected camp spot
view.jpg

The view north

north.jpg

South
south.jpg

Sunset
sunset.jpg

I really need to do that trip one of these days. Any fishing while you were there???

Great pics, thx for sharing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom