1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NIce tires

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by yellowchaosfj80, Jun 27, 2005.

1. yellowchaosfj80

yellowchaosfj80

Well I bit the bullet on tires ,, and went with the toyo open coutry 315 75 16 nice tires they sound good on the road , they ride nice,look great .... I'll put pic up later... has any one had ... or have this tire .. what do think... :grinpimp: :bounce:

2. concretejungle

concretejungle SILVER Star

I think that's the tire my roommy just put on his Taco. They are smaller, but still look like a really nice tire.

3. C6H12O6

C6H12O6

Media:
    Albums:
    I've got the Toyo ATs in the stock size and I love them. They are great on road and handled some pretty deep mud nicely this spring. Not only did they grip well on the mud, but they also let go of it and cleared the tread quickly too. Nice not to hear the tires throwing mud for 1/4 mile once you hit paved road like my old Les Schwab Wild Country junkers.

4. yellowchaosfj80

yellowchaosfj80

PS I just wanted to thank ... Les Schwab ... Man these guys went way out the way,, they drove from Ferndale WA to just the other side of Seatle.. to pick up the rims and tires.. and then had there guys on OT to in stall them...

5. hoser

hoser SILVER Star

Were those AT's or MT's?

6. 97cruiser

97cruiser

I won't be buying the Toyo Open Countrys again. I drive a lot of dirt roads and have had 3 flats from rocks in less than 2 yrs. I am gonna give the new Toyo mud terrains a try next go around. I have heard nothin but good things about them, just a lil spaendy at $199.

Vince

7. C6H12O6

C6H12O6

Media:
    Albums:
    Yeah, my friend had the Toyo ATs on his 4Runner and had a couple flats on the Deschutes River access road. He's run BFG ATs for years with no flats, switches to the Toyos and gets two flats in two years. Back to the BFGs and no problems since.

Still, I like my Toyo ATs so far. I'll let you know after this summer.

Steve