Nice price or crack pipe? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MDarius

I break stuff.
SILVER Star
Threads
$3200 for a 99 with 285k miles on it. No pics of the mechanical bits. Thoughts?

great deal if it was maintained and not a rust bucket
$3200 is great deal even if it was not well maintained. Worst case scenario, it needs $3k in parts to fix the problems and then you’re simply back at market value.

NP: Check the VIN to be sure it wasn't totaled, and as long as it's not literally falling apart underneath, I'd grab it. You can probably even negotiate a bit since it's a dealer lot and they probably just think it's an old Toyota with a crap ton of miles. Those are the best folks to buy from.

That's exactly what this is. The dealer piles them deep and sells them cheap. I'm not going to buy it, but I'm happy to check it out for anyone. I'm an 80 series guy, so you might have to tell me specifics to look for.

I saw the interior today. The front head rests are broken... No leather part but the posts are still there.
The leather on the front seats isn't worn out, but it's not soft, either. The cup holder in front of the center console storage is broken. The bottom of the storage bin is busted out and there are aftermarket stereo parts in there. Looked like the sub/amp was pulled out. I couldn't get under it due to other conditions today, but the rest of the interior looked good. Let me know if I can help at all.

My impression of the place was that yes, it's a small sorry dealership. They don't pretend to be anything else. The salesman told me about the costs to expect after buying the car before I test drove it so I wouldn't get sticker shock and wouldn't waste my time. The cars aren't perfect, but they are cheap cars in different states of peparation for sale. I think the reviews are based on what people expect.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom