Nice Option for Securing Gas/Water Cans (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Had bungees holding down the two gas cans and water can to my 4x4labs bumper. Eventually they got old and snapped while my mechanic was driving. He lost the water can and dented up one of the gas cans. Been meaning to get a better solution for this and got lucky at Home Depot.

Master Lock 8 ft. Python Vinyl Coated Adjustable Locking Cable-8428KADPFCCSEN - The Home Depot

Cable is the PERFECT length, there isn't too much left after cinching it tight but definitely enough. Thought I would share as I looked around here and couldn't find anything on securing cans with a lock.

IMG_0097.JPG

I'm not a big fan of locks on things like cans and spare tires. I wouldn't leave the cans on the rig when I'm not going overlanding and I also don't live in an area that where stealing something like this is a big risk. I'm more afraid of the lock keeping me out rather than keeping others out.

Ive been using the python lock for 2 years no issues at all. even in the northeast.

I wrap the python lock through the wheel and around the spring on my trailer as added theft deterrent. I also have a big orange chain for the other side :) It works well, but my biking buddies say anybody with a little determination could get through it in about 10 seconds. They park expensive bikes in the city and only use VERY HEAVY chains that are resistant to bolt cutters.

Use a ratchet strap to secure. If you feel you need a lock, add that as well, not instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom