Nice collection of cruisers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey, just wanted to share this picture. Some friends came by for a little meeting tonight. We have quite a lot of nice cruisers here in Tromso (North Norway) now. Here you can see from the left: 1985 LJ70 (2L, hydraulic winch), 1988 LJ73 (2LT, intercooler, el. winch, 2xARB lockers), 198x HJ 60 (turboed), 1995 HDJ80 (24V, 3x factory lockers, factory pto-winch), 1987 BJ75 (turboed, michelin xzl 255/100-16)
dscn6782_besk.jpg

very nice :)

Tromso was the only place I saw any Cruisers while I was in Norway, it was a 70 and a 60 I think.

I want to go back to Norway.......so bad.....its the only place besides where I am at I would move to.....just loved it.

Brrrr...looks cold. My Canadian blood is way too thin after living in Cali for 5 years...it hit 75F here today:grinpimp: Downside is we miss out on all the cool cruisers....a 62 with a gas/auto and SF axle....what a joke!

Downside you miss out on snow wheeling, and the best of all snowmobiling

Kawasaki snowmobiles are still the hottest thing on snow!

you have never seen real snow?!?!
then get your ticket bought for the annual "river shiver", good times, great people and some real cool (cold) rigs...
here is a link:
http://www.rmlca.ab.ca/

cheers M8

Eric Winkworth said:
Downside you miss out on snow wheeling, and the best of all snowmobiling

Oh contraire my northern friend....any idea how much snow falls on the sierras? Rubithon was almost cancelled again this year becuase of all the snow still up there in June. Many of the 11,000ft + peaks south of Carson valley have snow year-round they get so much. Yep, If I want snow, I don't have to drive very far....best of all I never have to shovel my driveway:)

Y.. colorado got hammered last storm.. Didn't have to do anything to the driveway but park another cruiser in it...

not tough, just do not own a coat or the sort of gear you would need. Would be great to see Canada though. Tv morning show here did a programme for over a week there ,started on the west coast on the island and travelled across the country, simply amazing. Our mountains are only hills to Can&USA. Wish we had all the water and lakes you guys have, dam dry now.:cheers: is this a hijack,, sorry:eek:

bigbrowndog said:
our mountains are only hills to Can&USA.

I thought canadian mountains were big, till I went to Chile, The Andes that I flew in were around 21,000 feet high.

Then when I got back our mountains were looking like hills,

so it all in perspective.

Norway looks awesome.

I worked with a guy who was an engineer from Widroe(airline) he showed me pictures of Norway. Yup kinda like northern Canada.

Remember most of norway is at or above the arctic circle............right???

they are pretty high up there. Like inuvik is too us..

Mt Kosciusko 2228 meters our highest,,,speedbump in Chile..Not much here for aeroplanes to fly into.Highest in Queensland Mt Bartle Frere 1622m its wild though covered in jungle and rain forrest.Couple of wrecked WW2 aircraft up there also.:cheers:

Hudson Bay Mountain (8300 feet/2530 m)

not a great pic, buts is from my house. see the ski slopes on the hill to the left.

also I get a great deal of bear and moose in my yard. already this year I have seen both.

This was the moose last year.

they are much bigger this year. same ones come back season after season, they eat the fruit off the trees.
sunriseslittlepic.JPG
moose8littlepic.JPG
moose7littlepic.JPG

oh ya and I have to look everytime I put the dog out on his leash. moose can kill dogs like nothing. they just throw a hoof out at them, if it hits them in the head, gonzo.........

nice, so next time you are in town i will catch a flight back there with yah... looks beautiful.

bigbrowndog said:
not tough, just do not own a coat or the sort of gear you would need. :eek:
buddy, if you fly in we will make sure you get dressed to play, we will even provide you with some special long johns to wear...
cheers

I was at Nordkapp(WAY above the artic circle, on map its above Hammerfest) in September and was wearing shorts and riddin on the back of a Harley.
58332512.jpg

Bergen and Oslo(in September is was 80degs) are about the same longitude at Washington State.......Trosmo is a great deal north however, pretty much up to the top.....

NORWAY-W1.gif

there are very few places to wheel in Norway from what I could gather, but who cares, the people are great(the women are BEAUTIFULL) the country is breathtaking, the lifestyle is wonderfull, the medical system is about the best there is, its a VERY rich country...sense they found oil in the 1970's.

Like I said......its the only place on the planet I would move to.

If you ever get a chance to go to Norway.........GO!

dieselbigot said:
Brrrr...looks cold. My Canadian blood is way too thin after living in Cali for 5 years...it hit 75F here today:grinpimp: Downside is we miss out on all the cool cruisers....a 62 with a gas/auto and SF axle....what a joke!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom