Nicaragua Land Cruiser II 3L (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

These engines are really popular in australia in the base model Hilux in the 1990s and 00s. Not great on power,but reliable and not to be confused with the turbo models.
I think that one is officially called a LJ79 .The Red Cross uses a lot of them in SE Asia

If you look through this list of aussie hiluxes with the 3L engine ,you will see some of them have quite high klms but still command a good reslae value
TOYOTA HILUX LN167R Cars For Sale - carsales.com.au

Im going to see a friend tonight and he has a 3L Hilux ,I must ask him how many klms he has done as he works as a teacher in a remote mission nd is paid to use his own vehicle.

Is this one your looking at a 4sp or 5sp? Some of the owners who occasionally visit here,have 4sps.

I spoke to my friend last night and he has 300000 klms on his from new and it has never broken down. Its had servicing ,mainly through the dealer.
He was off on a 3500klm drive this morning back to where he works.

Mine LJ79 had done 355,000K when we swapped in the 1KZ.

Slow as engine 102k flatout downhill hahaha with a tailwind.

They still command a GOOD price here in excess of 10,000USD for a 1991 model.

Not fast for sure,but ideal for areas where there are no superhighways.
Was yours a 4sp or 5sp?

im a bit confused, does it have the engine with the 3L model designation, from the L family of engines, or does the owner mean its a 3 litre, in which case it could be a 1kzt. youll be able to tell fairly rapid as the kz engines all have turbos.
maybe contact seller and ask him what the vin number is

He said "3L" so I assumed thats what it was,but you are right it could be a 1KZ T.
But I think it was mainly Japan and Europe that got the 1KZ T.
This one appears to be LHD ,if so,it will not be a JDM import.

double check everything on that one .. be aware of the state of art latin mechanics repairs ..

Yes and you would probably want to see a cold start,not one that was warmed up 10 mins before you arrived.
Be wary of cold starts that are lumpy and make lots of grey smoke.

mine are from a DYNA 150 ,with 196k & i Swap the turbo into it & runs like a champ, lot of turque & i tweak the pump with boost compt & i can assure you that it is a strong engine.

thanks very much for the numerous responses. the truck actually sold before I could get money into Nicaragua, but I have found a diesel HJ62 5 spd, with low mileage and it's in great condition. one owner (a banker), never offroaded, and I had a mechanic check it out and he loves it. buying tomorrow morning for $7,500 USD. More to come!

I've added the new HJ62 to the registry! Super stoked and the new rig...Truck Norris.

I've added the new HJ62 to the registry! Super stoked and the new rig...Truck Norris.

That would ba HJ60 ,or if its a turbo it would be a HJ61. The only 62 series is an FJ.
Congrats on whatever you have:D

It's an 89 diesel wagon. So what would that be? Also, who makes the best shop manual for 60's?

That would ba HJ60 ,or if its a turbo it would be a HJ61. The only 62 series is an FJ.
Congrats on whatever you have:D

well we could start that here .. but if you have a 60 that have 4 square front lamps .. and it's 99 then you have an HJ62 .. ;)

well we could start that here .. but if you have a 60 that have 4 square front lamps .. and it's 99 then you have an HJ62 .. ;)

Got any pics of these 99 model 6* series:D

It's an 89 diesel wagon. So what would that be? Also, who makes the best shop manual for 60's?

Its on the firewall plate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom