next step on the zombiehunter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I found I had to hook the little ears on the rearmost mount around the body mount bracket first, then swing the rest of the slider up against the frame rail to get it on.

i just got an answer from Mark, he said that on some 97's the lower control arm bracket that is welded to the frame is bigger, requiring the trimming of the ear to get the slider to fit. Normally its something that they do but since mine was built individually that portion was missed, so since i don't have the capability to do it at my apartment in San Fran and driving to So-Cal is not feasible i'm taking to to Mudraks on friday. He does awesome work but i had wanted to do it myself.

Nice build. Did you change the mounting of the 240's? I have a set waitng to go on once I find a ARB or TJM front. Also do you like the yellow combo filters recommended above? Nice looking rig! A lot of the same mods I have planned.

thanks! i had thought about moving the 240's back, and made a bracket, it moved them back some and closer together, it just didn't look right or move them far back enough to be completely protected. So i kept them on the factory tabs. In the future when i get to the point of building a roof rack i will possibly move them there and put 170's on the bumper. still not sure, as for the combo filters, they're great, good visibility in fog and rain. boy are they bright. I can spot a zombie from pretty far off now. which in my line of work is a benefit. lol

is it just me or do those tires look unbelievably small?

Last edited:
well i finally got the factory rack removed, i filled the holes with stainless fasteners and some RTV silicone for now, eventually i will weld all the holes and repaint the roof. Oh and i got some new tires, i went with the BF Goodrich LT305/70R/16 AT KO. definatly makes a difference, it seems to handle a bit better on the freeway and certainly looks alot better.
S4300018.jpg
S4300019.jpg

Looking good!

i think with those tires youll do a lot better @ hollister now ;)

At least you didnt get stuck like i did on the log part :doh:

Oh, mailed the dvd's to you and brian on saturday, so you should be getting them soon.

jon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom