Next Step - On board water (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

musthave

Doc says I'm 1 in 120K. Lucky?
Supporting Vendor
Threads
I've done most everything I can think of, but I haven't added on board water yet. I'd like to have a Little Giant pump like: Little Giant Pump, Utility, Nickel-Plated Brass, 12 VDC 365 | Zoro.com and have it connected to a quick disconnect showerhead on the roof rack. Trying to find a water bladder that would be appropriate to fit in the right rear quarter panel. Has anyone done this? Is there one you'd recommend? Heat element too?

I would suggest searching "bladder". There are options for the rear quarter and the floor of the second row.

I've done most everything I can think of, but I haven't added on board water yet. I'd like to have a Little Giant pump like: Little Giant Pump, Utility, Nickel-Plated Brass, 12 VDC 365 | Zoro.com and have it connected to a quick disconnect showerhead on the roof rack. Trying to find a water bladder that would be appropriate to fit in the right rear quarter panel. Has anyone done this? Is there one you'd recommend? Heat element too?

If the size will work you will not find a stronger built water bag

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003P43Q5...t=&hvlocphy=9061153&hvtargid=pla-340435388844

Sureflo is the industry standard for 12v pumps

With that said shower are over rated and I have had several types

Quite a few water bladders are available in oz (search oz ebay) - the land of desert travel. Not sure the cost to bring them over to the US.

I had a custom 70 litre bladder made for my oz patrol. Great quality (heavy duty) and fittings installed where I wanted them. Cost about oz$200 (so about 10 cents US :) ).

Agree that shower setups are not particularly necessary. I've used a solar shower bag for years - easy to heat up with a couple of pots of near boiling water. You're camping, so taking 20 mins to set things up and bring water to the boil is not some time dependent urgent thing...

I've also used a cheap 12V pump/shower (like for washing pets etc) - toss pump into a plastic bucket that you've poured a couple of pots of hot water into and you're good to go. Fill the bucket from a stream (or in oz, a rockhole etc).

cheers,
george.

The headlight washer has 3 liters and takes 45 seconds to empty but that is a to strong burst pump.
With a led remote it can be slowed down and stopped. I rather swim but 3 liters is enough while camping, for us, refill with warm water or kids hate me.
Water takes to much space and weight so I don't like to bring more than 45 liters and that can be gone in a few days, if it is stored warm to long it becomes bad so I like to clean the tanks and put them in the attic.

Last edited:
I had an AUS FlexiTank but got rid of it. Wasn’t a fan of the sloshing and the bacterial growth. You really need to stay on top of it.

I’m currently working on a quarter panel mount for the DS that is for the OBW plumbing. I have two plans for water but I need to see where pricing takes me.

I had an AUS FlexiTank but got rid of it. Wasn’t a fan of the sloshing and the bacterial growth. You really need to stay on top of it.

I’m currently working on a quarter panel mount for the DS that is for the OBW plumbing. I have two plans for water but I need to see where pricing takes me.

Joey, hurry up already! What's taking you so long? Not like you're really busy or anything. LOL
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. ;)

I like that water bag, and the Sureflo appears to be better than the little giant.

Over rated? I figured they'd be a great addition. No?

Did you use yours often?

I have a vehicle heat exchanger and shurflo pump that can put out 125° @ 2.5gpm as long as you have water.....good as most hotels. Its great if you have lots water. Along with that I have and tested several others. The problem with any camp showers is water.

I learned how to stay clean from following girls that live and travel out of vans on youtube. I now use Home takes 16oz to do a mans hair. With a washcloth, Dr. Bonners, bottle blaster, and 2 quarts of water you can have clean hair and be BJ ready in a no time.:D

I would be gone for 5-6 days and when I returned MS LCP would ask if I stayed at a hotel or camp ground with a shower because my hair look good and I didnt smell. I then told her about the girls on youtube.:eek: She has started traveling with me she now notices all the single girls that travel solo.;) Now I normally wash my hair at least every couple days when traveling. Its fast easy and makes you feel good.

The last shower tested was THIS ONE works well for a low flow unit and its rechargeable. The advantage is small and works anywhere using a bucket lake or stream because its USB rechargeable. I still have my test unit used once in perfect condition if @musthave or anyone else is interested. At $33 shipped its hard to beat.
Test unit Gone

IMG_6497[1].JPG

Last edited:
With that said shower are over rated and I have had several types[/QUOTE]
Coming from a guy that's on day 5 of a showerless 7 day hunting trip, I REALLY beg to differ!!!
:eek:

I mounted a pvc 10 gallon tank where my spare used to go, then I mounted my Sureflo pump in passenger side quarter with spicket sticking out rear slider about 1”. Then I can either screw on shower nozzle or hose with sprayer. Comes in handy for dishes or washing a spill off the cruiser or me! Honestly, I still carry my 12 volt pump with hose and switch I bought for like $10 on Amazon. I just crack open one of my 5 gallon Gerry cans (2 on roof), drop pump in, plug into jump pack, and shower away! It’s a lot more portable than my “hard mounted” 10 gallon set-up! I need to post a build upon that!

The last shower tested was THIS ONE works well for a low flow unit and its rechargeable. The advantage is small and works anywhere using a bucket lake or stream because its USB rechargeable. I still have my test unit used once in perfect condition if @musthave or anyone else is interested. At $33 shipped its hard to beat.

View attachment 1569722

I have one that looks like this, but cheaper. Mine has to be plugged into cig adapter (jump box) and cost $10 on Amazon. I like the rechargeable though! Much more mobile!

I have one that looks like this, but cheaper. Mine has to be plugged into cig adapter (jump box) and cost $10 on Amazon. I like the rechargeable though! Much more mobile!

My take on all this kind of stuff if it work for your needs, it all good

With that said shower are over rated and I have had several types
Coming from a guy that's on day 5 of a showerless 7 day hunting trip, I REALLY beg to differ!!!
:eek:[/QUOTE]

The point is you can stay/be clean without a "shower". I will say and agree after a week I do like a real shower.

she now notices all the single girls that travel solo.;)

Never thought a shower system would be necessary, but now I'm thinking "Hey there solo traveling hottie...my truck has a cold beer and makes hot showers...wanna kick it"? :hmm:

Never thought a shower system would be necessary, but now I'm thinking "Hey there solo traveling hottie...my truck has a cold beer and makes hot showers...wanna kick it"? :hmm:

Pro tip - A dog makes the approach non threatening;)

All this is another reason why god invented hot springs.

:hmm:

I have one of these:

Frame Mount

It doesn't heat water, and I don't think it would put out enough pressure to run to a heat source without a pump, but it self pressurizes when you fill it, and it holds 3.3 gallons of water. It went up in price since I bought it, but I've used it quite a bit over the years.

Reactions: RFB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom