Next meeting? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trollhole

THC
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
David I know it's a little early but I thought I would throw it out there so maybe some of the people who don't normally come could start planning now.

Anybody have any idea where you would like to meet. And anything you would like to discuss while we are there?

I vote for Sonic in Easley. Date I have no idea.

Things to discuss

BBQ :D
Tellico (did we set a final date?)
Shop (for anyone interested)
Sponsors?

easely sounds good to me......... as for a date how about the weekend after 4th July, I imagine most people have plans the first weekend

As for a final Tellico date, I am thinking August 13/14 because that is better for me than 20/21. We originally planed on going the 20/21 for rudy, but after talking with him, it did not sound like there is much chance that he will be able to make it. The weekend of the 20/21 is also my fathers B-day so I would like to be home with my family then.

Started painting the cruiser last night Freeborn Red, got the doors, hood, bid and all the smaller parts done. If the weather holds off tonight I will do the body and post up some pics for your guys.

The second weekend is when we are supposed to go get the pig Virgo. So that would be good for a meeting we should be back in time to go I would think. And Tellico isnt looking so good for me now. Just have so much I need to do. Can't wait to see that red 40. Good luck.

let's see what we can firm here

It has been suggested we hold the annual meet Saturday, August 27th.
Aunt Sue's around lunch time.

JULY MEETING
The monthly meeting conflicts with 4th of July plans for many,
myself included.

August looks like it'll be a fun month. The meeting that first weekend
will be VERY important. Planning the annual meet and maybe
some talk of Upper Tellico in August. Don't miss it. August 6th.
At a time and place the club determines.

Now, I'd add to that club e-mail the folllowing.
I'd say we do the BBQ as the meeting in July.
Troll how's those BBQ commitments of your's
look in July? Lake Malph sound great as a spot.

July 2nd just sucks for this month's meeting.

ClemsonCruiser said:
easely sounds good to me......... as for a date how about the weekend after 4th July, I imagine most people have plans the first weekend

As for a final Tellico date, I am thinking August 13/14 because that is better for me than 20/21. We originally planed on going the 20/21 for rudy, but after talking with him, it did not sound like there is much chance that he will be able to make it. The weekend of the 20/21 is also my fathers B-day so I would like to be home with my family then.

Started painting the cruiser last night Freeborn Red, got the doors, hood, bid and all the smaller parts done. If the weather holds off tonight I will do the body and post up some pics for your guys.

Looking forward to this. My schedule is flexible when it comes to BBQ. ;)

Alan would you be around on that day for us to drop the pig off? Depending on time I might start getting some parts off then as well.

I can do the 9th or 10th or the 30th or 31st. If I do it for a saturday afternoon feast. Then I have to start friday evening and will need a place to crash close by and some people to help stoke the fire and keep coals going all friday night. Usually do 2 hr rotations. with 4 people. Clemson mafia would be good for this.

Pigs are expensive though. A pig can run from 120 to 180 dollars. But I think we could do a 100-120 lb pig pretty cheap. For around 180 dollars I could probably do the pig, mop, sauces, rub. I've already got the hickory and most of the wood though some lump would be nice to start off with but not necessary.

A lot of cooking a pig is show. I have a great cooker. BUt if we cannot afford to do a pig I can bring a couple of small smokers and do some Boston Butts for half the price and feed about 20 people. Thats 8 to 10 butts.

I leave that up to the officers to make that decision. If 20 people showed up and chipped in 10 bucks we would have plenty of money for the stuff as well as some left over to do slaw and baked beans and buns.

What do ya'll think?

Lake Malf sounds good and I would have a reason to put the boat in the water and do a little wakeboarding. If you can imagin that! :flipoff2:

Oh and we need to make a decision quick. If I do a pig I need to order it this week or at the latest early next. I get them from fountain inn frozen foods and it's fresh. If someone else has a connection on something cheaper let me know. I've heard of a place in TR that has hogs but never used them.

Hog sounds good to me, I may even have my boat registered by then.

Hey David, do we normally have an august meeting and the annual meeting? I don't remember...haha. Was thinkin we may wanna have everything squared away at the July meeting so if we need to get door prizes, etc. we'd have a good month and a half to get them. Just my 2 cents.

Just wonderin, I'll be up for anything.

Chuck

That's great news!

Saturday the 9th looks sweet to me. So does ANY other date mentioned.
I'd say let's do a pig. I'll gladly pay a pro-rata share. Even if it was
just 2 or 3 there it's a deal! Count me as in. Do you need some advance
on the costs? It's so short notice so I'd guess 20 or less.

Malph ? You got a place he can smoke some meat? You two need
to talk and away we'll go! Post details. Directions. What can I bring?

price check on isle 3

CruisinTiger said:
Hog sounds good to me, I may even have my boat registered by then. <snip>
Was thinkin we may wanna have everything squared away at the July meeting so if we need to get door prizes, etc. we'd have a good month and a half to get them.

Dude .....you must shop like a chick. ;)
Takes an hour or so at Northern Hardware
and Auto Zone for a Cruiserhead.
I already have an item or two. Rick from
Ralph Hayes always comes through too.
We'll get you some prizes. LOL...

Pig,pig,pig,pig,pig......and beverages of our
future sponsers.
Lake Malph.......a meeting to remember.

Nah I was just thinkin it might take some time to pick out that nice welder you said you were gonna give out as a door prize!!

we have plenty of driveway/yard space for smokers and cruisers and a pool room, the 12 mile rec park (boat ramp) is only about a mile away, but there is free boat ramp closer to town. I will be in VT until the 7th (picking up my cruiser!) so malph will handle the details. but i can offer directions:

Directions:

From Clemson:
- go north on 133 toward 6 mile
- pass 12 mile park on left and cross 12 mile bridge (concrete)
- just after the bridge, turn LEFT onto Old Six Mile Rd.
- Take first LEFT onto Gordon Dr.
- You will come to a "T", go RIGHT on Lacustrian Ln (a dead end road)
- We are very near the end of lacustrian on the LEFT, watch for cruisers in driveway.

From 133 South:
- turn RIGHT onto Old Six Mile Rd just before crossing the 12 mile bridge. (If you see 12 mile park on the right, you have gone too far.)
- Once on Old Six mile, take the first LEFT onto Gordon Dr.
- You will come to a "T", go RIGHT on Lacustrian Ln (a dead end road)
- We are very near the end of lacustrian on the LEFT, watch for cruisers in driveway.

Last edited:
yep...sounds good.

how much space do you need for your smoker marshall?
i've got a spot next to the porch that you can back a trailer into, as long as the smoker's not bigger than a boat we'll be aight

marshall, give me a call (864 985 2001) sometime soon so we can work this stuff out

malphrus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom