Next Meeting: Cobblestone Pub Saturday Oct 18th 7:30pm (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey Burnz, sorry, I just meant to say you are the guy who can help us with parts at Duncan Toyota. Didn't know what your actual job is there.
All good man. Hey howz that wheelin trip shaping up? I might drag this new m101 I have just cause I can.

All good man. Hey howz that wheelin trip shaping up? I might drag this new m101 I have just cause I can.

Just gotta make a date. I have next weekend available 25th/26th (25th is better). I also have November 15th/16th or 23rd. Not sure if any of those dates would work for you guys? All other weekends my better half is working, so I have to stay home and take care of our kids.

Dude, definitely NOT the parts guy at toyota. It is one of the many hats I wear there. I wouldn't do that job full time for all the tea in China.
Unfortunately that gal in parts doesnt think outside the box very well, If the vin doesnt spell out the part then she is lost. It pissed me off that day you came in sea potato, I saw u there and was trying to get over there and help because I knew she cant do the old parts thing at all. i gave her a piece of my mind for you when you left sorry man. If you tell me what you need ill get it for you at cost.

Ah don't sweat it too much. I was just looking forward to going to toyota and seeing someone who'd know their ass from a hole in the ground....the crushing disappointment when I met "her" kinda harshed my mellow.

I was going to ask for you, but I couldn't remember what your REAL name was...:lol:

It was just a shifter bushing and seat for a h55f...so nothing urgent.

I tried telling her they'd made the damn thing for 30 years...didn't help much.

You know what would help the ones like her, and pretty much anyone at toyota parts counters? A cheat sheet of vin#'s for all the basic cruiser models taped behind the desk.

Like one for a 5 speed bj60, an auto hj etc. It would only take a dozen or so #'s to have them all covered.

For those that weren't there we had Ryan&Mel (seapotato - 61), Shawn (burnz - 42), Lachlan (franken60 - 60) and Nick (gtssportcoupe - 78). Lots of tech chat and BS as usual. Was a busy night (burger and beer night) there. Shawn reminded me we really need to get a wheeling trip happening. Shawn also handed out some really sweet hats from Duncan Toyota (thanks Shawn!). We guarded a couple empty chairs waiting for Rob and Cam ...haha.

Sorry guys....got off work with all intentions of going, bumped into neighbor canning Salmon and before you know it we had killed a few cans of beer... so the drive up was off..

Rob

[ Shawn reminded me we really need to get a wheeling trip happening. Shawn also handed out some really sweet hats from Duncan Toyota (thanks Shawn!). We guarded a couple empty chairs waiting for Rob and Cam ...haha.[/QUOTE]

We do need to get out one of these weekends..

ryan just do what I did when i kept having the parts ppl being ass clowns about my vin numbers.....so i went and wrote down EVERY vin number on EVERY cruiser/toyota that i own and well...there were probably close to a dozen on my list, buddy refused to enter them when i passed them over the counter and I just said ok well....then when i want my parts i don't want this "well i can't order it without a vin" crap...haha

:D

I wish I had a list of vins of the 36 or so 40s that have mixed DNA to build mine... That'd be fun.... Especially with the cross breeding and inbreeding.

Parts that match my 74 vin won't help to fix my 4wheel disc, rear FF axle, vent windowed, mut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom