Next Club Meeting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

For those who were unable to attend our last VI Cruisers expedition, I was elected president. With that said, I'm scheduling a club meeting for September 18th, 7pm at The Cobblestone Inn in Coble Hill. There will be a few things to vote on as well as good times with good people. If you're not a member yet feel free to stop in, you just won't be able to vote.

Things on the agenda for that night include.

- Nominations for Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer

- Membership dues

- Electing a Sergeant At Arms

- Discussing the direction we would like to take the club in

Hope you can make it out,

Colin T. Stuart

Good, sounds like you want to claw the club back from the edge.

I can't do the 18th, (i start work at 7pm) ,but I'm sure I'll think of some stuff for you to talk about once I've had some coffee ;)

Nice work. You probably know, but Keith has a binder and envelope of cash. Has all the records etc. from when the club was more formal.

Not sure yet if I can make that meeting, but I'll do my best.

Nice work. You probably know, but Keith has a binder and envelope of cash. Has all the records etc. from when the club was more formal.

Not sure yet if I can make that meeting, but I'll do my best.
That I do, Keith past me the binder a couple of weeks ago. Went through the entire thing. Hope to see you there.

Do be fare

I am out for the club thing, seems like a few members have voiced the same thing.. Good luck Colin.

Also to be fare, the majority of people have big changes in there lives and a core few of us will maintain our trips together which suits us fine. I would not say I am out for a the odd day trip with the group, still keeping that door open.

I fully understand that, I myself have had big changes this year for the better and finding time can be difficult at times. I'm not expecting everyone to show up at this meeting. Just want to see if there's still interest and where we should go from here.

If enough people show up at meetings and club runs to sustain the club that's at least a step in the right direction.

Thing is, people always come and go from any club, but in the last year (or two) the club hasn't really done anything to attract people, so it's just been a slow death from attrition and from the disinterest of the elected folk.

The annual camping trip wasn't even mentioned here, I heard about it too late to change work schedule. Facebook users only I guess.

I don't view having a beer or a coffee and bsing about cruisers every month or two as some great hardship, can be a pain in the ass geographically, because no one wants to do the malahat on a weeknight, so admittedly, I came out fewer times than I'd have liked, and I've never been much into wheeling. Especially not in a giant wagon.

Kinda why I was always asking to do a meet up on a weekend, up island people could combine a trip to vic with some other things....but that suggestion just earned blank stares.

So yeah, if it carried on as it was, no question it'd die. Worth a shot to see if it can be kept limping along , maybe some fresh energy will show up.

Thing is, people always come and go from any club, but in the last year (or two) the club hasn't really done anything to attract people, so it's just been a slow death from attrition and from the disinterest of the elected folk.

The annual camping trip wasn't even mentioned here, I heard about it too late to change work schedule. Facebook users only I guess.

I don't view having a beer or a coffee and bsing about cruisers every month or two as some great hardship, can be a pain in the ass geographically, because no one wants to do the malahat on a weeknight, so admittedly, I came out fewer times than I'd have liked, and I've never been much into wheeling. Especially not in a giant wagon.

Kinda why I was always asking to do a meet up on a weekend, up island people could combine a trip to vic with some other things....but that suggestion just earned blank stares.

So yeah, if it carried on as it was, no question it'd die. Worth a shot to see if it can be kept limping along , maybe some fresh energy will show up.

I'm not for one to beat a dead horse, but I am for one to put a defibrillator on a dead horse to see if it comes back to life. I am fully aware how the club stands currently and I am willing to give my 110% into it.

With that said this is a 2 way street, I myself alone can't bring the club to where it once was, this is a group effort and will take some time a dedication from all of us.

This meeting still happening? I can tentatively make it. Who else is planning on coming?

I'm hoping to be there but I'll be late as I have a chiro appointment in Lake Cowichan at 6:15pm...I wont be ordering any food when I get there though so don't wait around for me regarding that.

Also, it looks like "Poker Night" begins at 7pm at the pub...you gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold them...

I'm hoping to be there but I'll be late as I have a chiro appointment in Lake Cowichan at 6:15pm...I wont be ordering any food when I get there though so don't wait around for me regarding that.

Also, it looks like "Poker Night" begins at 7pm at the pub...you gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold them...
I have a reservation for the club that night, shouldn't be an issue.

I still can't sorry. I always feel bad when a meet is this side of the hump and it's all Victoria guys...but, I have cruiser parts to pay for, and gov't funded naps to take. :hillbilly:

Jay and I plan to attend and meet some new faces. I haven't a clue where my status resides these days.

It'll be nice to meet a few of you guys. I'm fresh off a Whipsaw trip so I have a story or two to tell.

I talked with Lachlan yesterday, hes plodding around Desolation in his yacht, doubt he will make it.

58940423105__65D99170-7AD3-4CE8-A114-9B89E236B973.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom