Newsflash: $OR *not* the most expensive option (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Two Buck

SILVER Star
Threads
I just priced a water pump with my local Toyota dealership parts dept: $575. I just about crapped my pants.

$OR has them for something like $120. I told the parts monkey that and he said "Yeah, but ours come with a 12-month, unlimited mileage warranty." I told him for that price it should come with unlimited lapdances too.

I had no idea those things were made of solid gold...

Last edited:
You can see it leaking from the weep hole or from around the pump?

I'm not sure. I can't get an eye on where it's leaking from, all I can see is that the water seems to be coming from that area. None of the hoses seem to be leaking. I'm assuming it's the water pump because that's the most expensive option. :meh:

I'm actually heading over to Vatozone on my way home from work tonight to get one of those little telescoping mirrors to help me see what's going on in there. Maybe I'll find out it's even worse! :cheers:

If you replace the pump, replace all the little hoses (I'd replace all the hoses, if you haven't already) around the pump. Use a little RTV on the gasket, too. SOR sells a hose kit that's priced well.

Good luck.

There are a couple of ways to buy the water pump from T: The one I bought is just the pump, the other is the entire assy, with clucth etc..

If I didn't find a different person in that store's parts dept, I'd find a new dealer!

It's leaking a little bit from the weep hole -- a drop will form there and hold for a long time, then trickle down. Meanwhile there's a constant drip-drip-drip from the bottom of the crank. It's way more than the little bit coming from the weep hole would account for. I can't see where it's coming from, but it's a constant trickle coming down on the drivers side of the crank and everything from the water pump on down is wet.

call beno american toyota udder $100 ship see my sig line

I'm glad this has been brought up. I have seen very small drips coming from what I assume is the weep hole on the bottom of my pump and was wondering if that is ok. I dont always see the drip but even when there is not a drip, I can see evidence that there was a drip. I have never seen more than a small spot but though it was a problem and was actually going to replace my pump as well, but if it is supposed to have an occasonal drip I will leave it as is and just keep an eye on it.

Check the thermostat housing gasket above the water pump, when it fails coolant will drip down on the pump and make it seem as though that's the source of the leak. The housing gasket is around $5 and is a relatively simple fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom