News! FJ62 Top speed! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

well i might as well chime

149, Fire bird
84, FJ62
101, in the 40 , when i had 33's
138, 330 ci, she was a nice Gf
110, ram 1500, sshhhh dont tell my sister

I cruise at 90mph in my rig all the time. I can't say if the speedo is off but I doubt it is off by much. It could defintly go faster but, I have been in enough car wrecks to know that things get surly in a hurry at high speeds, in big cars. The fastest I have ever traveled in a car was 135 in a suped up nissan sentra ser. I would never feel safe in a car that had the high center of a TLC, at those speeds. I did have a Buick esate wagon with a big block and "ralley" suspension, that I used to cruise at 110 in Eastern Oregon.

101 in a 40 is the craziest # on this thread. I thought they would lift off the ground @67 mph. My 40 will not do over 50 mph. I have been around 90 in my 62. 135 mph in a BMW 535. Ill never do that again!

VTCruiser said:
173 mph, in a BMW (can't disclose model, it hasn't been released)

But in a cruiser....i turned the 1HZ to 90mph once by accident, handled it fine but i wouldn't go there on purpose....

What are you talking about? A new model entirely or a new version of an old model?

I am curious!!!

I have been about 175mph+ in my LS1/T56/RX-7 bouncing of the rev limiter (7100rpm) in 5th (285/30/18 tires/3:90 gears/.75 5th gear). 25mpg+ going 75mph+@2000rpm in 6th on the highway.

I think I've only gone about 85mph downhill in my FJ60. I feared the connecting rods flying out the side of the block while doing it. It cruises at 65-70mph comfortably and 12mpg :crybaby: .

You sir, have hairier balls than I. 95 was the highest I dared take my 62. Felt like I was going to shake something off of the truck at that point.

Sorry, forgot to add my top speed. I've gone 100 in a 2000 suburban before but my top speed is 110 on a 2006 Ski-Doo Mach Z. BTW, that is the fastest factory gasoline powered vehicle on the planet, no joke.

In my 40 I hit 85 on the speedo..

that was with 33's and 3.70 gears.

I figure it was at least 10% off.

It was amazingly comfortable at the time..
And I was passing a bunch of people.

GLTHFJ60 said:
Sorry, forgot to add my top speed. I've gone 100 in a 2000 suburban before but my top speed is 110 on a 2006 Ski-Doo Mach Z. BTW, that is the fastest factory gasoline powered vehicle on the planet, no joke.
HOw is 110 the fastest vehicle???

I have red lined my engine a few times in the last couple months and it power increase has been amazing! " burning the gunk out " seems to be a true saying

Stock suspension, poly bushings, all new steering, including an ome steering stablizer. I assume this helped.
Not too bad, I will be selling this 62 in not too long inorder to get a diesel 70, I need something that gets better mileage :p (most of the time I am easy on the throttle, getting 12 mpg)

Chriscanoe said:
101 in a 40 is the craziest # on this thread. I thought they would lift off the ground @67 mph. My 40 will not do over 50 mph. I have been around 90 in my 62. 135 mph in a BMW 535. Ill never do that again!

weber 38 dgas carb, maf Rv cam, going down hill it all adds up! now i have 35s so they slow me down and im getting 4.88s cuz i like to speed!

110-115 in my 82 fj60 with a bowtie 350 TPI. I did have the stock size tires on it that day, I usually run 33's. Overall top speed 155 in a 2005 Vette (don't blink at that speed sh*t happens quick)

Dynosoar

Mace said:
HOw is 110 the fastest vehicle???

Let me clarify this by saying that I only went 110 on it, and I was sitting behind my uncle because he was trying to scare me.

The Mach Z is the fastest gasoline powered vehicle on the planet to 60 and in the quarter mile. It is definately not the fastest in top speed, and I apologise for the miscommunication.

Can you come up with a car/truck that goes to 60 in 2.3 seconds?

130mph in a 1973 Mazda RX3 wagon when I was 15. A freind had 2 64 Rivera's with 455cu in engines. One had dual 4bbls. Went over 140 in one of them. We often took his 73' Grand Prix big block over 145. I lived in West Texas at the time and saw my friend hit a 20lb jack rabbit with the left rear tire of his RX7 at over 100 as I followed in the RX3. Those damn wankels hauled ass with the 4 bbl carbs.

My wife and I drive our FJ62 with a small enclosed 4X8X4 utility trailer over 80mph regularly for hours at a time. Dobinsons 3" lift and H55F on 33's.

Dunbar

SS_Storm said:
I have red lined my engine a few times in the last couple months and it power increase has been amazing! " burning the gunk out " seems to be a true saying

Its called an "Italian Tune-Up" and works great on Alfa Romeos. Lots of lugging around tends to foul the plugs, and dilute the oil with volatile hydrocarbons. The engine literally starts grinding itself to death.

A good high speed exercise run will clear the plugs and evaporate all the junk in the crankcase. Toyotas are tough third-world trucks: stomp on it (and hold it there) every once in a while.

I've done somewhere around 90 in my 60, the speedo was maxed and I had a friend driving next to me to verify. It was loud, but smooth for the most part. 135 in our old 1994 BMW 740il--totally kicked the mid 90's mustang's ass--, cruised between 90 and 120 from eureka to san fran in our 2003 Infiniti G35, which was a totally awesome car until my dad wrecked it on some twistys. And then just today I did 85 in a 1995 jeep wrangler 4cyl with a soft top, and my god, it was one of the sketchiest experiences ever. Every crack in the road bigger than .1 inch made it feel like we were going to cautapult off into space, thankfully I lived. lol.

140 in a 45 in a 5.0 mustng vert
dunno in the 62 I think it was 80 or more? I like going about 65 or 70 its comfy there. as long as the roads are somewhat flat.

Ive had my fj-62 cruiser peggin 100mph.
I bought 75 firebird for 100 bucks. Put temp tags on it muffler fell off when exiting parking lot. Got on rt95 floored it raceing my buddy. Speedo went to 160 i had it twiching 153 ,154 I removed the shaker scoop from the hood cuz it wasnt cut open and removed breather cover. Goin so fast gas was getting sucked out the venturi and blowing on the windshield. O by the way my buddie had 78 monte that night with 700r4 trans and a smallblock when we had to stop he had his bumber next to my door.

I have a caprice ima strip in spring for my cruiser. Ex cop car 92 model. Third held till 138 wnet into overdrive at 140 hit brakes at 143
and 139 in a 96 lumina ex cop car! with digi dash by the way said car is for sale with rebuilt trans !!!!!!!!!!

Ran 85mph through a ladies front yard, in a 25 mph zone, riding in Mustang. Would have rather been in a Cruiser!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom