News Article Today

uzj100

100 Series - LC and LX470 came highly recommended as a vehicle to purchase at the 100k mile mark. Mileage was not really an issue with these vehicles as long as they regularly maintained.

I purchased my 99 with 101k on the odometer and it is one of the best vehicles I have ever driven.

uzj100

Can you scan,OCR or link this article. Even date, paper and page # could help the guys out there trying to convince their significant others about the wisdom of a cruiser purchase.

EOS

Well, Im a convert. I traded in a 2003 Suzuki XL7 Limited with 20,000 miles for a 99 LX470 with 90,000 miles + around $7000 cash... BEST thing I have ever done. I LOVE THIS VEHICLE :D Just threw on some 03 style 18x8 rims.
Took 3 months to convince wifey but now she loves it as much as I do. Sorry for gushing !

Last edited:

cary

Screw the 99, you have an M5 from when BMW's were still BMW's.

ff347

If you need some icing on the justification cake here is a lengthy article,

http://www.technicalevolution.com/whtobuy.htm

I'm sure with a little digging a thread for "How to justify a 100 to your wife" could be a useful for some. :) I had mine drive me to work in the winter, wake the kids up to put them in their seats and then said a few choice words about that damn k5 laying down again............ What was the line from the wizard of oz, "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!" :D

On a serious note, at one time somebody posted a link about some insurance crash findings. Never send the family out to a gun fight unarmed.

Scott

ff347

rule303 said:
I saw that article. Of course they showed a Dodge Ram also for what that's worth.

Had a Ram and it wasn't worth a crap, I would rather have to throw the dice on the K5 starting every morning than the Dodge.

My 98 Ram had two trannys and a rear end by 75k. I have a 03 Ram now and I love it. 345hp and handles like a Porsche( yes I'm exaggerating a bit). But I won't be keeping it after the 70k warranty runs out.

Top Bottom