Newish member...introducing my mall cruiser Evangeline (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys,

I've sprinkled posts here and there in the 200 series forum but would like to formally introduce myself.

Prior vehicles were 1984 Toyota Corolla, 90s era Buick Station Wagon with no reverse that made parking very tricky, 90s era Oldsmobile with no interior passenger door handle which I fondly call the "kidnap vehicle", 1996 Toyota Corolla with bad head gasket, 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 8 traveled around in Europe including the famed Nurburgring, German spec 1990 325i Mtech which I wished I can get back, 2001 BMW 525i Wagon 5 speed in fluctuating working order, and now Evangeline. You can see the luxury trend line went from negative infinity to present vehicle.

I was originally in the market for a 100 series and was looking at a nice 2006 LC, non AHC, non nav, 1 owner car, no rust. It was originally offered for $16.5, then dropped to $14K, then to $12K. Clearly, I was insane for not taking the deal and regretted it ever since.

Well, the 100 series selection is not so good in this neck of the woods so I started to look upmarket to the 200 series.

Well, a deal popped up for a 2008 LX570, 64k miler, 2 owners, offered for $28K. The only issue other than some minor dings and cosmetic issues was that it had a passenger air bag light on. Final negotiated price was $26K.

As an aside, I felt it was better to post my ownership experience here since the clublexus forum had very little traffic on the 200 series so hopefully people here won't be offended if my posts are mall cruiser centric.

Here she was when I picked her up:

IMG_0418.JPG

IMG_0419.JPG

IMG_0420.JPG

IMG_0423.JPG

After a through check up, I have a list of to do items:

- remove dings, mitigate scratches
- replace front wipers
- replace interior and exterior lights with LEDs
- buff/shine hazy headlamps
- Buff/shine front Lexus logo
- replace awful OEM halogens
- replace rear brake pads
- install aftermarket bluetooth
- replace cracked and warped African Bubinga wood panels on driver side door and center console
- Replace/repair rear sub
- add rear bike rack
- fix broken cigarette lighter/charger
- replace air filter and cabin filter
- fix passenger side airbag light
- switch wheels to '13-'15 OEMs or 18"
- replace broken mat anchors
- buff scratches on center console
- underbody coating
- fix 2nd and 3rd row seat vibration/wobble
- detail and ceramic coat exterior
- refresh leather seats
- find replacement headphones for the rear DVD entertainment system for the kiddos
- repair scratches on backside of 2nd/3rd row seats
- flush diff/transfer case fluids
- flush AHC

more to come and hope you enjoy this thread!

Last edited:
Congratz on your purchase. She is a beauty. I am also on the Club Lexus forum and it isn't that active either. Enjoy it in good health and keep up with the maintenance, she is a keeper.

- buff scratches on center console
- refresh leather seats
- find replacement headphones for the rear DVD entertainment system for the kiddos

more to come and hope you enjoy this thread!

What's your plan on buffing scratches out of center console areas?

I used German Wrinkly Old Lady Skin cream.....Nivea (Lanollin based NOT US Petroleum based) on my leather seats....

Replacement headphones can be found on Lexus Parts Now, although part number escapes me. Great thread on media player to plug into rear entertainment sytem you can connect a hard drive of movies to it, will post link later when I find it.

Replaced rear brake pads that were whittled down to just a few mm with Akebonos.

No noise and pad dust is at a minimum.

IMG_1232.jpg
IMG_1233.jpg

Finally got to replace my roof rack screws in a thread I posted here:

LX Roof rack screws

Old vs. new screw....no Torx available in this spec screw so got a philips head instead. Now I'll need a low profile screw driver to screw it in:

IMG_2459.jpg
IMG_2460.jpg
IMG_2461.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom