NEWBY (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just scored this 1978 BJ40, was stored for the last 5 years looks ok fuel is bad from sitting was driven in to temp controlled storage. Vin tag missing so no paint codes etc. Frame looks good. Let the adventure begin.
Thanks for letting me in.

256E94A7-AA69-438D-A1E3-88DA624AA114.jpeg

E0E4CB4C-F925-4D7B-8E78-7478F569C05F.jpeg

053AAAED-77E1-4760-936F-FCD7E421CC50.jpeg

319E3F01-C677-4AFF-8509-EFDEC7CA48D6.jpeg

Looks like it might be from central/south America?

Looks like it might be from central/south America?
It was in storage on Marco Island i bought for 12,500. I may have paid too much but frame good body good everything else I found in this price range was trashed but if I did pay too much oh well.

Wow, frame and body look pretty decent for being stored down that way. I bet with draining the fuel and new filter she might start up!! I have had to replace tanks on some older ones due to rust in tank but get it running first and see what you have when you drain tank.

Congrats and welcome to the addiction:flipoff2:

wow. that’s a nice looking one to start with!! well done. hope you don’t find hidden messes that come with some. mine sure did!!

keep us posted and you baseline it and send more pics of interior engine bay and underneath!

It was in storage on Marco Island i bought for 12,500. I may have paid too much but frame good body good everything else I found in this price range was trashed but if I did pay too much oh well.
Wow, frame and body look pretty decent for being stored down that way. I bet with draining the fuel and new filter she might start up!! I have had to replace tanks on some older ones due to rust in tank but get it running first and see what you have when you drain tank.

Congrats and welcome to the addiction:flipoff2:
greenbeast thanks that’s the plan get her running and give her a stripper name

wow. that’s a nice looking one to start with!! well done. hope you don’t find hidden messes that come with some. mine sure did!!

keep us posted and you baseline it and send more pics of interior engine bay and underneath!
I have thought about hidden messes will have to deal with them but I’m happy I’ve been looking for a long time and really wanted a diesel
C3BACC28-2BAC-4AF0-A017-C76EA3662940.jpeg

Did you go over it with a magnet? Hopefully it didn't have low budget bondo bodywork done at the same time. Looks CA/SA to me. No heater, dash pad, or roll bar.

Looks CA/SA to me. No heater, dash pad, or roll bar.

The bumper tits and the front turn signals are another sure sign.

Well you guys are right found this center top front window also my son did magnet test better tan goo found a little bonds driver side bottom fender well by door a bottom of right barn door he says better than good for 78
3833C365-3729-423A-BC6F-E8B34FAFA5BF.jpeg

Does ca/sa mean Canadian or South America

Central American / South American

Canadians can be pretty weird sometimes, but in general they don't do the things to Land Cruisers that South Americans are known for.
:grinpimp:

Welcome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom