Newby from Australia (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, long timer lurker, first time poster. Picked up my 83 FJ40 LX 3 weeks ago from a guy in Sydney and drove it the 1,000km home to Queensland.

I really wanted to do a restoration myself, but after a lot of soul-searching and comparing my ambition to my actual skills, it made more sense to buy one almost complete. It has had a full re-spray in the original medium blue, had the engine rebuilt and has the original "zebra" LX seats in really good condition. It also comes with a Bestop canvas top and doors that I've yet to fit. As it's coming into winter here, I'll wait for it to warm up again before I fit it and hit the beach.

So far, all I've done is fit a genuine front bar to replace the cut down bullbar that was on it when I bought it.

Anyway, that's about it. I love it and so does the family. Oh, and please excuse any stupid questions!

FJ40-1.jpg

FJ40-2.jpg

FJ40-3.jpg

Welcome to MUD! Congrats on the purchase. That is a beautiful truck!

Don't be shy about posting pictures.
FYI there is no such thing as a stupid question. The stupid thing is not asking them when needed.

Nice rig and welcome!

LX.... im drooling... man what a rig!!!

Nice clean looking rig you've picked up there mate! I wish I had bought one in that condition... Mine is currently in my garage in peices with patches being welded everywhere!

steve-irwin-crikey-aint-she-a-beaut.jpg
Couldn't have said it better!

Great looking 40... You dun gud!!!

Welcome to the forum, and that is one great looking 40. Those three wipers really set it apart and I'm guessing the interior looks as good as the exterior. Some good things just naturally come in three's- like a disc front end, 5 speeder, and power steering. It doesn't get much better than that IMO. Post some pics so we can take a virtual tour around the inside.

Cheers

Nice truck !

Congrats !

Welcome ,

:cheers:

Welcome. That's a good looking truck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom