Newbie with an LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.robbrodman.com
Just getting into this whole thing. I have had a bunch (7?) Toyota p/u and now need more room for the family and made the jump to the LX. Comfy and it feels like a tank. Looking forward to learning more about this beast.

IMG_5519.jpg

Welcome, good color

Thanks @Pucker5. It’s a DD so it won’t show dirt too badly. Plan on sticking to stock with some small mods for the most part. I knew these were solid trucks but didn’t know how solid until reading this site.

Loo, up Techstream and get a copy and the cable. It's essential to help you keep AHC healthy.

My wife won’t drive a lexus that isn’t that color. Hope your first two mods are to get new side cladding for the driver side front fender and get rid of those non oem running boards. They look like factorys from another vehicle.

Loo, up Techstream and get a copy and the cable. It's essential to help you keep AHC healthy.
A friend of mine sent me a bunch of links for Techstream and a cable link. Also going to flush AHC system. I like the idea of being able to work on my vehicle. I didn't know you could buy the software for all my other trucks of the last 25 years. The heater t's are also on the list. it was well cared for and not off road so I'm lucking in that.

My wife won’t drive a lexus that isn’t that color. Hope your first two mods are to get new side cladding for the driver side front fender and get rid of those non oem running boards. They look like factorys from another vehicle.
those aren't stock running boards? not too worried about the trim too much. I live in San Francisco and park on the street. Being a Lexus already will get the street lurks to peak at it. The less pristine the less chance of a window being broken for nothing.

Great looking truck. Everything functional with AHC? Any pics of the frame underneath for those curious. Lastly documentation of timing belt change/ mileage on the vehicle.

Great looking truck. Everything functional with AHC? Any pics of the frame underneath for those curious. Lastly documentation of timing belt change/ mileage on the vehicle.
I’ll post some pics. It’s really pretty clean underneath. I just went through all the docs. The water pump was done at 178k but no mention of the timing belt on invoice. Lexus dealer for most services. It also had the transmission replaced at 125k. Brakes and rotors have all been changed in the last 50k. Along with all wheel bearings repacked and both CV replaced. The heater t’s at185k and all shocks and struts. I feel pretty good about the purchase.

And yes the AHC is great. There was a line on the suspension invoice about new suspension fluid. Would that be for the AHC system?

And yes the AHC is great. There was a line on the suspension invoice about new suspension fluid. Would that be for the AHC system?
Sounds about right. Probably flushed and replaced. Sounds super solid. I would probably recommend the timing belt, water pump service for piece of mind.

Sounds about right. Probably flushed and replaced. Sounds super solid. I would probably recommend the timing belt, water pump service for piece of mind.
I’m trying to load up some pics but they come in upside down. The timing belt for sure it doesn’t look too good. I don’t know what this canister is. The steering wheel is immaculate. Few little pieces but nothing too concerning other than it running if the timing belt goes.

99E925FB-D49B-44F4-919A-1810A05F0EA3.jpeg

F37207EE-2F4D-4DE2-8500-D947C55AD2C4.jpeg

6FA220F8-636A-406C-AEF5-25C301FEA9A3.jpeg

4EBDD40F-8580-4B06-A59F-2ECDC7B66BB0.jpeg

I’m trying to load up some pics but they come in upside down. The timing belt for sure it doesn’t look too good. I don’t know what this canister is. The steering wheel is immaculate. Few little pieces but nothing too concerning other than it running if the timing belt goes.

View attachment 2635577

View attachment 2635578

View attachment 2635579

View attachment 2635580

That’s not timing belt, just accessory belt. About $30 at the parts store and 30 minutes of time. Very easy to do.

Look at that sticker on your plastic engine cover...timing belt was replaced at 178,817 (surely when they did the water pump).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom