newbie with a question about pink panties (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Living in Canada, rust is the killer of choice. I found a 97 lx 450 in California with 132+/- thousand miles on it. The carfax checks out as a lifelong Cali truck, the current owner owner has had it for 6 years with telltale signs of at least intermittant Dealer maintenance. No major service work done. Smog is up to date. I have a friend in Long Beach who is not an LC afficianado. who will look at it for me and get it to DAS for me. AM I insane? I don't mind doing PM, even significant service work, but I HATE RUST! I expect to do front axle , PHH and HG ( eventually). This is soccer moms truck from what I can gather. Your thoughts and wisdom would be appreciated. Here is the e-bay item number http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260088112358&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:CA:31)
Thanks for this forum. Thanks for your help.
Jon

Auction is ended? Did you win? Congratulations if you did...

You might want to pay reputable Toyota dealer to do pre-purchase check.

If it all checks out ,looks perfect.
When I picked up mine it was similar deal,ca truck no rust.
I payed more and I am happy ( IH8rust) also.
It did not mention lockers.

Good luck, Eah!

ken

Last edited:
Lockers?

I asked him about lockers before I hit the bid button. He didn't know what they were, It will be a pleasant surprise if it has them. Thanks:cool:

I asked him about lockers before I hit the bid button. He didn't know what they were, It will be a pleasant surprise if it has them. Thanks:cool:

Sorry to disappoint you. I don't see locker from the picture.

It doesnt look like it has a locker switch in the 4th pic. hopefully Im wrong.
Still a good looking rig. Did you get it?

Still working our the details. Santa Monica Lexus does a PPI for 250. I am going to start a more general thread,but,,,, anyone know about pink slips and titles in CA. My guy on the ground in long beach is not getting back to me. I might have to fish for someone local on the list to do a drive by, I will let you know how it all works out. Thanks,
jon

There are a lot of guys on this board from CA. Might give a call out to see if one of those guys live in the area and can check it out for you. Most would know what to look out for. The fact that you're buying it off an individual, chances are it will be in better shape than say a rig bought through a wholesalers that has picked it up through and auction and is just flipping it.

:beer:
Rookie2

My thoughts exactly. I am sure there is more knowledge available around the campfire of this forum than in four out of five techs at the Lexus dealer lunchroom. Where would I post this? Thanks
Jon:beer:

if you find one you like in the Sacramento, California area, send me a PM and I'll take a look for you.

Long Beach is a little far for me to go...otherwise, I'd offer to help you with this one.

If what you're looking at is truely a California vehicle...as long as it hasn't spent most of its life living right next to the shore/beach, you should have no problems with rust.

Not all California LX 450s came with lockers, just FYI...I understand all LX 450s had lockers in Canada.

Thanks Doug. If this doesn't work out I might look in the Sacremento area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom