Newbie with a '97 80 series CE & cruise control question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello! I have been doing alot of research on the forum, and thought it's about time that I introduce my rig.

I'm also including a pic of my Momo steering wheel. I was able to change out the original Momo horn button for the one you see in the photo (not an easy task; the new button was ~2cm larger than the original!!). OK, so here's my problem: I have no idea how to wire in the cruise control or the horn. The wires on the wheel are coded with different colours than the rig's.....your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Nice truck. Not sure about the wood grain momo wheel, but have enjoyed momo wheels on other cars I've had. :)

Do you have a FSM or at least the EWD portion of the manual? the schematics should light the way on CC.

and Welcome!:flipoff2:

Nice looking truck. If you want, you can PM and I can scan in the relevant pages tomorrow from the 97 Lexus Electrical Wiring Diagram Manual I have and send them to you. Should be same between 96/97 and Toyota vs. Lexus for these items I would think.
BTW did your truck come with those driving/ fog switches? I have never seen those types of switches before.

The switches (2 on the left, 1 on the right) came with the lights that I purchase. I have 2 more sets that are waiting to be mounted on either side of the roof rack, front and rear.

Thanks for the offer to send me the EWD pages! I'll send you a PM.

Welcome to mud

Looks like you got a really nice CE truck .

Are you going to have problems with the airbag removed with the insurance company or inspection?

Thank you for the welcome, Koffer. Sorry for the slow reply; I've been out of town and away from the computer.

Well, so far no problems with having the driver's airbag removed. Maybe I just got lucky? If it does become an issue, I still have the original steering wheel that I can reconnect....then I'll have to decide if I should put the Momo on my '78 FJ40....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom