Newbie to Land Cruisers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello! I'm new to Land Cruisers but have had lots of 4Runners (still have a 98). Just picked up an orignal owner, garage kept 2002. Lucky break, I had mentioned that I really liked her LC and if she ever wanted to sell, I would like to purchase. I received the call last week and jumped on the opportunity! It has a few issues that I need to address. First is the leaking valve cover gaskets. Doing those now. Unfortunately, ALL of the bottom of the passenger side bolts immediately broke off (even after soaking w PB-Blast) so those were fun to drill and tap. I'm hoping that the drivers side aren't the same, but I'm sure they will be. 2nd major issue is the radio w navigation :( Almost completely unreadable and doesnt work properly. I'll be researching that next. I have also ordered a new rear hatch handle which should arrive today. Looking forward to learning a lot!

20221210_161454 (1).jpg

20221210_105406 (1).jpg

Welcome! Feel free to DM me about your nav issue. I've spent wayyy too much time researching 98-02 factory nav repair/replacement and may be able to help you out.

That’s a great truck collection, I’m jealous you managed to find a gray one!

Once you own an LC, you realize the standard of parts reliability and off-road capability is hard to beat that you will want another one to have a daily for the daily. Lol. Welcome to
Mud.

Once you own an LC, you realize the standard of parts reliability and off-road capability is hard to beat that you will want another one to have a daily for the daily. Lol. Welcome to
Mud.
He’s kinda got the perfect collection, the 3rd gen 4Runner for a super reliable, relatively gas efficient daily, and the cruiser for the weekends. It’s a combo that’s working well for me - I almost sold my 4runner when I got the 100 series, but I’m so glad I didn’t!

That's exactly what I want to do! 😀👍 I've already received some great tips to do just that! Do you have any recommendations on upgrades?

Mud.
Thanks so much! I've enjoyed my 4Runners since my 1st one, a 1985. Lifted it on 38 Monster Mudders... totally ridiculous, but it looked awesome! 🤣 Really looking forward to this build!

He’s kinda got the perfect collection, the 3rd gen 4Runner for a super reliable, relatively gas efficient daily, and the cruiser for the weekends. It’s a combo that’s working well for me - I almost sold my 4runner when I got the 100 series, but I’m so glad I didn’t!
Luckily I'm in a position where I don't have to sell the 4Runner, that's my daily, the LC will be a fun toy. 😀👍

Nice 100, looks minty!

Love the 3rd gen. I had a '99 and would buy it back in a heartbeat!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom