Newbie to 100 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi all, just bought a 2000 landcruiser. New to this world. Mainly into faster cars! :) hence my avatar of my 914 v8..

Probably bought this one with a view through rose colored glasses. Lots of work coming up. I usually do DIY but since I have plans on overlanding out west.. I'm just not that good. Truck is headed to ACC here in Atlanta for all work needed.

I'll be heading up to GA mountains in late February early March for some trial runs.

Truck is lifted (old man emu), ARB front bumper, 270 degree awning and a large roof top tent.. Tent will be sold to fund a better roof rack that attaches directly to the truck.

Any and all recomendatons welcome and I'm doing some searches now on what wheels from the lexus line will work. I need a spare at very east and or a set with more streetish tires when running around town. Currently on 285/16's Goodyear wranglers.

Look forward to talking

Greg d

315117139_6029628423716486_7668782786035609238_n.jpg

Looks good.

Not that I'm any authority - my first priorities were sliders and a little bit of underside armor. MetalTech/OPOR and ASFIR respectively. Followed quickly by Escape Gear seat covers.

Looks good.

Not that I'm any authority - my first priorities were sliders and a little bit of underside armor. MetalTech/OPOR and ASFIR respectively. Followed quickly by Escape Gear seat covers.
Not looking to get into too serious of off road but remote sight seeing.. But some of the under armor looks good.Already have some kind of seat covers. Heavy duty canvas type. Mechanicals are first for reliability

Nice 100. Make sure you get the heater tee's replaced as well!

Are the wheels painted or just mud stained? I can't tell :p

Who cares about a LC when you drop this: "914 V8"
Need. More. Info.

I have the same wheels (only in grey), tires, and run 1.25 “ spacers. While I don’t rockcrawl, I’ve been very happy with the wheel/tire setup. So unless you hate your wheels (easily repainted), I’d stick with them. My LX is set up for wheeling/exploring the west. No issues.

F80E301B-D872-4394-95AC-81FE36B0F02D.jpeg

Welcome fellow Georgian! Love the 100. Post pics of your adventures- where are you heading in North Georgia?

@dondi2 great looking truck i have the same color, if you're looking for a full length roof rack make sure you check out Gamiviti. It will be the last rack you have to buy and @nakman was awesome to work with.

I have the same wheels (only in grey), tires, and run 1.25 “ spacers. While I don’t rockcrawl, I’ve been very happy with the wheel/tire setup. So unless you hate your wheels (easily repainted), I’d stick with them. My LX is set up for wheeling/exploring the west. No issues.

View attachment 3228476
I wasnt looking to reolace but supplement. I was looking for a second set more streetable than the current. Plus I only have 4. But I have changed my mind. Just hunting down a spare. now.

Welcome fellow Georgian! Love the 100. Post pics of your adventures- where are you heading in North Georgia?
I havent figured out yet but was thinking part of the GA tranverse(?) Some easy trips to ease in. All suggestions welcome.

I just moved into the Athens area- I have heard great things about the Northern GA trails near Ellijay, Blue Ridge, etc. Haven't done anything in that area myself but it's next on the list!

Personally and just my opinion: I'd baseline all fluids, lube the driveline, check/replace front wheel bearings, verify lift specs/alignment, check and change all suspension soft parts/bushings that need attention, change the heater tee's while flushing/cleaning the cooling system, ditch the Duratracs for a new set of AT tires, order up some BORA 1" spacers (you know for the "stance"), and replace the side steps with some sliders and enjoy. @TRDdrew mentioned Gamiviti for the rack; I have one on my 100 Series and recommend that as well. There's just no better looking or functional rack out there IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom