Newbie soft top question, who’s still in business?

Not to hijack a thread, because it is relevant, but could anyone with SOR tops and door skins post pictures and their thoughts? I am looking really hard at them for my FST and would also appreciate first hand insight. That Dirt Road Top looks absolutely primo though.

PXL_20220506_002239578.PORTRAIT.jpg

Not to hijack a thread, because it is relevant, but could anyone with SOR tops and door skins post pictures and their thoughts? I am looking really hard at them for my FST and would also appreciate first hand insight. That Dirt Road Top looks absolutely primo though.

View attachment 3003912
Buy once, cry once. I can attest to the quality of Dirt Road Tops (@Julie2006) quality.

middlecalf

SILVER Star
😡 $17 per hr. sewing all day or six-figures annually shaking down companies at an ESG getting funded by government fiat $’s or dark money making stupid apps for cell phones. Crappy world, I hope Julie can get help, I’ve seen several local companies go TU because of labor/cost issues. Yeah, I know this isn‘t chat. Tech - from what I’ve seen, go with Julie and wait a year. 🤷‍♂️

1MOA

SILVER Star
She was asking for 1/2 2nd half before delivery. Go ahead order it and get your soft top bows if you need them and start fabbing them up in the interim.

She was asking for 1/2 2nd half before delivery. Go ahead order it and get your soft top bows if you need them and start fabbing them up in the interim.
What is the best way to get ahold of her? I messaged her through her Facebook business page but haven't heard back yet. I too wish I lived where her shop is. I have dabbled in sewing and that could be a neat job. Probably pays the same I make as a carpenter haha

Hi y’all. After having a Jeep and FJ Cruiser Ive now pulled the trigger and finally gotten the FJ40 I’ve been looking for. Only real issue is that it needs a new top. After much research it appears this that the primary options available for soft tops are SOR, Bestop, and Relik. Looks like the other vendors are either out of business or have super long wait times so I’ve ruled them out. Id like something that works with the original frame/hoops that I have and the jeep esthetic of the Bestop isn’t my thing so I’m mainly interested in the SOR or Relik tops. Am I missing other vendors that I should look for? Also anyone have a good local shop in the North Alabama / Middle Tennessee area. I’d rather support local whenever possible.

Thanks y’all.
required pic attached

View attachment 2991669
Just stumbled on this:
"Best FJ40 soft top in the USA!" well, that's the claim anyway.

But it takes 2 months to be delivered and it’s out of Miami……
I’m guessing someone is flipping TROA soft tops and repackaging them
I have a strong suspicion you're correct. I saw another add for what looked like the same top, for $945 and had TROA all over the add.

I have no idea how the two compare with each other, or with Julie's top(s), though. I do know that Julie, after several iterations with Marshall, has a number of pattern version, and I'd bet they are all very close to what Toyota would have done, knowing Marshall.

Trollhole

THC
Supporting Vendor
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
I have a strong suspicion you're correct. I saw another add for what looked like the same top, for $945 and had TROA all over the add.

I have no idea how the two compare with each other, or with Julie's top(s), though. I do know that Julie, after several iterations with Marshall, has a number of pattern version, and I'd bet they are all very close to what Toyota would have done, knowing Marshall.
Close but I made improvements. Ironic that SC used to the textile capital of the world. Still believe we are in the US but finding skilled sewing operators isn't easy. She is doing the best she can. Covid really screwed her employee situation up. But she is tough as nails and will get through this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom