Newbie soft top question, who’s still in business? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi y’all. After having a Jeep and FJ Cruiser Ive now pulled the trigger and finally gotten the FJ40 I’ve been looking for. Only real issue is that it needs a new top. After much research it appears this that the primary options available for soft tops are SOR, Bestop, and Relik. Looks like the other vendors are either out of business or have super long wait times so I’ve ruled them out. Id like something that works with the original frame/hoops that I have and the jeep esthetic of the Bestop isn’t my thing so I’m mainly interested in the SOR or Relik tops. Am I missing other vendors that I should look for? Also anyone have a good local shop in the North Alabama / Middle Tennessee area. I’d rather support local whenever possible.

Thanks y’all.
required pic attached

6D250B6E-65CA-4441-B0B8-05FD58697F7B.jpeg

Some guys on here seem happy with the TROA tops.
Local would be Dirt Road tops. I think there is quite a wait for them though.

Did Dirt Road used to be Trollhole tops?

Did Dirt Road used to be Trollhole tops?

Yes

Thanks a bunch for responses. Very much appreciated
She should reply in a day or two, I included her in the conversation (@Julie2006). She is super busy but was able to knock out a Trail cover for me in less than a month. She can be found on FB. Her bread and butter business is boat stuff (Anchor Stitch of Easley, SC #864-307-9650)

Last edited:
What Is FB? Thanks for the contact # (which my kids just taught me is also known as an octothorpe)

8 months…. wow. I’ll contact them as well. but that is my fear. My plan was to do a soft top while I pulled together things for a hardtop. May switch to plan b and keep using my worn out top.

Hi y’all. After having a Jeep and FJ Cruiser Ive now pulled the trigger and finally gotten the FJ40 I’ve been looking for. Only real issue is that it needs a new top. After much research it appears this that the primary options available for soft tops are SOR, Bestop, and Relik. Looks like the other vendors are either out of business or have super long wait times so I’ve ruled them out. Id like something that works with the original frame/hoops that I have and the jeep esthetic of the Bestop isn’t my thing so I’m mainly interested in the SOR or Relik tops. Am I missing other vendors that I should look for? Also anyone have a good local shop in the North Alabama / Middle Tennessee area. I’d rather support local whenever possible.

Thanks y’all.
required pic attached

View attachment 2991669
@miller may be interested in your old top fabric. He posted a WANTED ad not too long ago.

You might try asking if there is anyone who wants to sell theirs on one of the popular FaceBook groups for FJ40 owners. That is how I found my cool OD green canvas top (from Canada). Thanks Robert Schulz of Coastal Cruisers!
14410A5A-2A76-4F40-AB1A-92C358D2EB5F.jpeg

You might try asking if there is anyone who wants to sell theirs on one of the popular FaceBook groups for FJ40 owners. That is how I found my cool OD green canvas top (from Canada). Thanks Robert Schulz of Coastal Cruisers!View attachment 2992718
Fabulous looking 40 right there ^^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom