Newbie saying hi (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been lurking on the board while searching for my TLC and just want to say thanks for all the info I got here which helped in the purchase. Now I've arrived being a bonafide cruiser owner. :D

Got myself a '97 TLC, with lockers.

I'm doing first oil change (to synthetic) and saw Bosch and Mobil oil filters. How good are they compared to stock filter? That's for starter, I'm sure I'll have more questions, and since I'm a rookie, go easy on me. ;)

Rolly

Welcome. Consensus here seems to be go with the small toyota filter part # 9091520004. Do a search under oil filters etc. It is also a good idea to change all fluids including a cooling sytem flush.
Sean.

[quote author=MTNRAT link=board=2;threadid=7246;start=msg60342#msg60342 date=1068241314]
Welcome. Consensus here seems to be go with the small toyota filter part # 9091520004. Do a search under oil filters etc. It is also a good idea to change all fluids including a cooling sytem flush.
Sean.
[/quote]

What Sean said...^^^^^^ The small filters are "better" per my local parts guru. Both Beowolf and C-Dan advsd the "04" filter is better than the "05".

From one of Beowolf's earlier posts.... "Toyota offers 2 different "small" filters for the 1FZ-FE engine. The preferred 04 is higher quality and more expensive than the B5."

BTW, congrats Rolly. :beer: :beer: :beer:

choice one, the stock filter

choice two Wix/NAPA Gold line

choice three, inadequate filtration....lol

welcome :D

Rolly

Welcome aboard :beer: :flipoff2: :beer:

97 w/ lockers very nice! You need to get the CDL switch as one of the first / initial mods.
Like the others mentioned the #20004 filter is an excellent factory component.

Off to the 2nd annual Surf & Turf cruiser event in Pismo Beach, CA

Joe

An offical welcome :flipoff2:

We salute you newbie :flipoff2:

Good call on the 97 ;) I love mine

Like the others said...

Welcome :flipoff2:

aktion052.gif
:flipoff2:Welcome
aktion052.gif
:flipoff2: Newb
aktion052.gif
:flipoff2:

Stick with stock, the 20004. If you buy local, your dealer will probably be stooopid and tell you that's the wrong filltur, but that's the one you want.

Welcome Rolly :beer:

You're in good company here at the MUD. Nice call on 97 with lockers.

They're correct on the filter and I bet the dealer will tell you he can't even get it for you (if he can, you're in luck).

Happy trails

Riley

Thanks for the warm welcome. You can put those fingers down now, don't want me to be the cause of finger fatigue. I'm sure you'll have better use for them.. 8)..as in repacking them bearings. :D

I'll pass the word to the dealer like... the LC gods have spoken, gotta give me those #20004's.

Cheers,

Rolly

Hey Rolly,

I have just woken up. Welcome from my world too :cheers:

Very good decision to buy a 97 LC. Mine is perfect and you will have a lot of fun.

Listen to the guys here, they're are all competent :D

Mike

I think you can be institutionalized for being competent? :)
Sean.

I have my morning institutional every day....wait, never mind :flipoff2:

Wow, that's a pisser...... :whoops:

[quote author=DVader link=board=2;threadid=7246;start=msg60570#msg60570 date=1068276372]
Thanks for the warm welcome. You can put those fingers down now, don't want me to be the cause of finger fatigue. I'm sure you'll have better use for them.. 8)..as in repacking them bearings. :D

I'll pass the word to the dealer like... the LC gods have spoken, gotta give me those #20004's.

Cheers,

Rolly
[/quote]

Naw, just say, you jack, gimme what I want or I'll kick yo butt you fugly mofo. Parts guys like being told stuff like that. :flipoff2: :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom