Newbie on a Pig Hunt finally got one!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.plusonesurf.com
Hey everyone,
My name is George, and I wanted to introduce myself as a new owner of a 32-year old Pig (no, not my new GF). It tooks some searching but found one from another member here, CRZYJKE.

Can't say enough good things about the PO, very helpful took literally a hundred pictures. When I first saw the Piggy, I already
knew the rig- How's that for modern technology?

Flew up to Sacramento last week and made the drive back down to San Diego in just under 9 hours. As far as I know none of the parts fell off. Filled the tank 3 times and did the Grapevine in 4th w/o bogging. Testimony to the 2F.

With that said, I plan to yank the engine, trans, TC, and axles and start on the new project. My username tells my ultimate goal with this little piggy...

Thanks everyone for a great forum!!! Wooo-hooo!

Best Regards,
George

Last edited:
sounds like the 2f is in great shape to have made the 9 hour drive; why swap?; it looked like that pigs biggest problem was rust

Lou

Hey Guys,

I made that run without any major problems, but I forgot to mention that I ended up pouring 4.5 quarts of oil for the 500+ miles (lol). Probably will eventually sell to someone wanting to do a rebuild.

I was surprised that the rust was restricted to just 6 areas: Front body mounts were bad, lower-rear on front fenders (of course), and rear corners. This is on both sides. Looked like the original owner undercoated except those areas (dang it!).:doh:
Now the tar just peels off and there's shiny paint underneath.

I def have my work cut out for me with the MIG making patch panels. I have NO idea how to beat rear corners (I've seen bike builders beat flat sheet into gas tanks on TV- but that's TV!!!).

I got all the driveline from another project, but just discovered a nice fat crack in the case of the tranny (double dang it!!!). :doh: :doh:
So now I'm on a search for a shell...

Oh well, that's part of the fun! I love this Piggy, it's starting to grow on me...

I'll post pics once I get that status. See you guys!
George

Last edited:
several of us are trying to get Ehsan in Pakistan to make some shhetmetal panels for our fj55s might want to look into that thread and keep his interest level up.............glad the piggy has gone to a good home.......congrats

Lou

George,
I see you are in San Diego? I might have a friend interested in the motor, and he lives in San Diego too, in Clairemont.

I'd be interested in the driveshafts when you yank the drivetrain...

Sounds good Brett,

I'm in that part of the process where I'm acquiring parts. I'm working against a budget but not a schedule yet. Right now, it's looking like the axles, d shafts, steer gear, tranny, TC, and 2F will all get pulled and I'm keeping the springs, so I'll have you guys in mind. I will take video of the motor running beforehand.

Oil consumption is about 1 qt/100 mi. No smoke out the pipe. One amazing thing is the rock-steady idle and low running temp, a very strong motor.

Once I make that commitment, then I will develop a rough calendar to get you guys an idea when the stuff will be available. Clairemont is like 10 minutes away. I'm in Point Loma.

FWIW, I finally picked up the rear axle... ....whooooa MAN! she's-a-big! GM 14 bolt from a dually (63 inch wms/wms) full float. (I was doin' wheelies all the way down the freeway with it in the bed of my T100!!!):eek: :D

Having a Blast!!!
George

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom