Newbie needs tire help.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sounds like this subject has been discussed once too many but I searched the forum and can't find anthing that answers my question.

I'm putting an HD OME on my 87 FJ60, stock motor with 5spd and would like to run a 32" on a 15" rim. The truck will see more tarmac then dirt, it's my motorcycle hauler and it will see desert trails and some Forest service roads with very light wheelin.
Seems like I'm limited to the BF Goodrich which is not my tire choice, I've had them on other Toyota's and they didn't perform as well as the hype.
A/T Revo's are my #1 choice but they only come in a 31", best tire I ever used as an A/T btw..

33" look great but I'm concerned about lugging the truck down, 1st gear is bad enough and can't imagine lugging an ARB front, rear HD bumper with two bikes going up a long hill, lol..

Any photo's or other tire choices most welcomed, thanks guys!!

Not much give.... bigger tires would equal a change in gears to get same power. I have a V-8 now and went with 4.11's. Plan to run 33 * 10.5 *15's.

I think if you run anything much larger than a 31 you are going to see some loss in power with the stock gearing.

Yokohama Geolander AT's come in a 32x11.50x15, I've never run them, but they have a good rep.

Thanks for the help guys!

I decided to go with 16" steelies, now I'll have more tire choices.

Question, does anybody know what size lug nut studs the 60 takes, I suspect a 12 or 14mm?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom