newbie needs help picking a lift? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello 80 fans,

I recently bought 95 FZJ 80 and having trouble picking a lift kit.Im looking for maybe a 4"lift. I like Slee's 4" kit, but Man-a-fre has a 4"kit with OME Comp springs,but i dont know about those control arm drop brackets.I have also seen Frankies 3" lift. Dont know much about any of these kits.I want good flex and good street manners. Right now I have 33's and plan on 35's when these wear out. Any suggestions ? Please help:confused:

I too have had great luck with Slee's products and advice.... Not only must you consider the product but the customer service that goes with it. I am not saying that MAF doesn't have good customer support, I just know I have had nothing but good experiences with Slee.

thanks, corsair23 for the 'sticky' links it helped. Noticed most are using OME springs,but from the few responses I got, 80% like Slee.
I think I like Slee best too, it looks like the most difficult to install,but it is the most complete kit.
thanks for the responses, Anton

Antor,

Call Slee and see what they say. I'm not sure what your plans are for offroading but you may find that the OME lift is plenty for you, at least for now. Many run 35's with the OME lift and step up to the 4" or even 6" lift when wanting to go to 36"+ tire size but then you are talking gear ratio change and other issues. Even with 35's many choose to change out the gears.

Price wise the OME lift seems hard to beat considering the next jump up. I drove an 80 with the 6" Slee lift and although it was nice I came away feeling it was way too much for me and my planned use.

My plan is to go with the OME lift (heavy front/rear) from Slee but that is an easy choice for me 'cuz they're in my back yard pretty much :)

If you are interested in the FOR 3" lift I know Nay has that and speaks highly of the lift. I know nothing about it.

Since you mention 'road manners' I would suggest going with Slee. Just 02.

I have the MAF 4" lift on my 80 and I haven't had any problems and it flexes really nice. I also would not have a problem going with either Slee or FOR. They all make great products.

sj

Good Flex, Street Manners, & 35's. I am going to go with Frankies for that. Springs are killer from what I read and 8" UP and DOWN suspension travel.

5" up and down shock travel on the FOR 3" kit. Same overall travel as OME, but balanced up and down with suspension travel range designed for 35's.

I'm not a fan of drop brackets in areas where they can get hung up.

just my nickel's worth.

If it were my money, I'd go with the slee 4" kit...and I'd get the entire kit and do everything at one time...the right way, the first time...

then wheel the snot out of it.

oh...and welcome aboard :flipoff2:

Do it once, do it right, go with Slee's 4" lift and be done with it if you want to run 35's.

But if the wallet ain't feeling it, OME J's and L's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom