newbie looking to buy this cruiser, need opinions/advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
kinda pricey

It looks nice but it seems kind of expensive to me. Do you know if it has a BAR sticker (Smog legal swap)? Go drive it if it all checks out low ball the guy and see what you can get it for (he says he NEEDS the money for a house).

Dynosoar :zilla:

If everything checks out, I think it's in the ball park.

Thanks for the response. According to his slideshow of pics, it does have the CARB sticker showing the engine swap.

Last edited:
That is a nice looking truck. I don't think the price is crazy, as long as it has been maintained and that engine swap was done thoughtfully. Maybe I missed it, but I assume that the truck also has no rust.

Drive it & make sure it is all there & nothing big is broken.

If it's not exactly what you want it doesn't matter what the price is. If it is, express extreme interest but state your budget. The promise of a quick deal carries a lot of weight.

Having said all that, I'm much better at buying than selling.

My two cents

I'm a long way from a Cruiser expert, but I have bought and sold more than my share of cars and trucks.

An engine swap is a pretty radical change. I'd want to know the full history of that; who did it, was it the first one he'd ever done, why was it done, how was it done, etc. etc. etc. Seems to me that a nicely-done V-8 swap would be very cool. A poorly-done swap could be a real hassle.

I also think that that is a lot of money for a rig with that many miles.

I'm advising caution.

you might notice the photo underneath showing the flywheel, no cover?
no skidplate?
kinda rusty underneath
although there are alot of goodies on that cuiser

That truck's been for sale for months, i checked it out on CL back in March or maybe even Feb. So yah he probably wants to get rid of it. Looks sweet though.

ALL the upgrades,
H55 5spd- close to 2k
Kamar Bumper- almost 2k
Arb- another K

thats 5 plus the engine, tires/wheels all there ready to go for 9.5 sweet!

Last edited:
Captain23, did you actually go check it out in person?

no just craigslist CL and his Flickr photo site

the rust isn't too bad, looks like surface, nothing like my BJ!
You never know though till you can poke it!

skid plate

Anyone have anything to add to kitb's "no skid plate" post? Any reason why he would have pulled the skid plate off or why it would be missing?
Thanks, all. I truly appreciate all the responses.

The skid plate for my most recent purchase came in the cargo area. The PO had managed to wring off all 5 bolts when he took it off several years ago. Perhaps the guy still has it?

If you are serious about this truck, I would suggest getting a true cruiser expert to look it over for you, or take it to a shop specializing in cruisers. If the seller won't agree, I'd run away very fast and find another candidate.

Looks like a pretty good buy if it is what it sais it is. When was the front end rebuilt? For all those goodies I'd say go for it if done right

I guess being from the middle of oregon, I don't know what rust ishttp://images.ih8mud.com/images/smilies/doh.gif

Can anyone recommend a shop that specializes in cruisers in the SoCal area around San Diego?

Looks like a good buy, if it all checks out. For that price, I would get it looked at by a shop. Find out history etc... like everyone else said. With all the accesories on it the price seems pretty good. Think, if you spend 6000 on another in great shape (Like me) then have to add everything that he has done, way over 9500 invested. However, it just depends how much you want to do. I also have a thousand dollar cruiser that's in good shape, and will be well under that price. Just more work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom