Newbie, looking for info, support and other stuff!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an '91 Landcruiser....was pristime ....until the first snow!
Needing some front end parts, fender, hood, head light assy, turn signal, etc.... and was thinkg , while I'm at it , what are the different engines that can be swapped in?
I was thinking about some type of Amaerican V8 or V6...or something else Toyota???
Has anyone ever done this ?Would appreciate all input and leads on parts to fix my rig with low budget.

not sure if you can do the diesel swap on those, you'll wanna check with the more experienced MUDders on here....but please don't put an AMERICAN engine in it...then its just not a LC anymore.

as far as help....:flipoff2: there's your welcome, and, as i'm sure you'll hear in the next few responses, check out the Newbie Thread and FAQ's to get started. have fun!

not sure if you can do the diesel swap on those, you'll wanna check with the more experienced MUDders on here....but please don't put an AMERICAN engine in it...then its just not a LC anymore.

as far as help....:flipoff2: there's your welcome, and, as i'm sure you'll hear in the next few responses, check out the Newbie Thread and FAQ's to get started. have fun!

10 4! No American muscle engine in the LC please kills the whole point in buying the LC. If you really want to do a swap go Toyota diesel (not cheap). :cheers:

Ohh and welcome:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

While I prefer the old trusty in line 6, do not discount a sbc swap. Folks here are having great success with this. They are getting better mileage numbers and parts can be found everywhere. Proffit's Cruisers in Colorado seems to be one of the most reputable at engine swaps and may be a good resource for you.
As for the other parts for the front end, source what you can used and buy the rest new. Look in the parts for sale section here in mud.

Buck Buchanan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom