Newbie looking at 2006 LX....feedback appreciated! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, been looking at LC and LX for quite some time. Finally found one that i like. Silver 2006 LX w/127k miles and serviced at local Lexus dealer. Whoever owned it took it in regularly for recommended service....5k, 10k, 15k.....90k, 115k, etc..... Had trany replaced at 12k miles(should that be a concern?). Obviously did the belt at 90k service. No record of AHC service(is that part of any of the recommended services?).

Priced at $15,800.
Having mechanic do inspection.

Is price fair and is there anything I should watch out for?

Thanks for any and all feedback!!!!!!!

That's a steal. Must have issues of some sort as that'd be a 21-$24k LX in perfect condition retail.

Dirty cheap with a clean title and no damage or rust.

You guys are making me nervous! Service records look really good but we'll see how the inspection goes. Mechanic was very positive about it when I told him which Lexus dealership has done all the service.

So grab it before it's gone. Some people dont know what they have till it's gone. Seize the moment/opportunity brah

UPDATE: Mechanic inspected the LX today. For the most part it's in very good shape except for two pretty big issues - 1) upper control arms 2) Front Struts. Everything else checked out. These issues haven't happened but on the horizon due to leaks.

How hard and/or expensive to fix those two issues? Is it time to replace the struts with Old Emu suspension?

I think still a decent deal but looking for input from those more experienced.
20180917_144809.jpg
20180917_144743.jpg

Thanks for all the help!!!!

Last edited:
UPDATE: Mechanic inspected the LX today. For the most part it's in very good shape except for two pretty big issues - 1) upper control arms 2) Front Struts. Everything else checked out. These issues haven't happened but on the horizon due to leaks.

How hard and/or expensive to fix those two issues? Is it time to replace the struts with Old Emu suspension?

I think still a decent deal but looking for input from those more experienced.

Thanks for all the help!!!!

Super easy if you're handy with a wrench. Literally 8-10 bolts

My guess is the dealer simply doesn't think they can sell a 12-yr old truck for more than $15k and they also probably just want it off their lot. Grab it or tell me who has it so I can.

Damn, thats some easy work. Front AHC struts - 2 bolts and a line - $200/each. Front control arms - $100 each if you go nonOEM and easy labor + alignment.

Hope you bought it? That's one heck of a good deal!

Check your car fax and steel it fast!

BTW: I'll bet your mechanic is wrong. Wet look is fluid from power steering and UCA's ball joint probably just need rebooting. The rig will have issue, but at that price you've plenty of room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom