Newbie introduction '89 FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Been "learking" for a while...learning + lurking. And finally took some pics of my new rig after a good washing. My sig line says 88, but sold that one not too long after I picked this one up because this is the color I really wanted...I call it "gun metal" cuz it just sounds cooler.:cool:

Picked her up in December and have been addicted ever since.

Mostly Stock with 227k on the clock...did the work myself with the help of the old man when necessary. Fairly new at wrenching but definitely getting the hang of it with this truck.

- 150psi at each cylinder...that was the deal closer
- Rebuilt the steering knuckles (good lord!)
- Replaced TRE's (muuuuchhh better)
- Full tune...all OEM
- Pro Comp Shocks
- New BFG 31's
- Steam cleaned the nasty headliner and side panels...looks awesome now
- Alpine deck w/IPOD adapter, Infinity 6.5's & 5.25's, Sony xplode 10's w/ 1100 watt boss amp
- replaced a ton of lil stuff that "happened" to fall off with the PO

In the near future
- OME Heavy Lift
- ARB Bull Bar and bumper w/swing out tire carrier
- Body work because the lady I bought it from in San Antonio enjoyed hitting things...this pic is off the good side
- New Seats...thinking 4 runner or those ridiculously expensive vinyl ones from SOR
- dynamat and new weather stripping to quiet the road noise a bit

In the distant future:
- Full diesel conversion....oh yes! I'm a hippy at heart and wanna run veggie oil to stick it to the man...:D

Just wanted to say this is an awesome site and has been a great time-suck from work.

Pic didn't load
102_1706.JPG

Welcome lurker. Look at the seats Iron Pig Off Road has, I have them and love them.

Welcome lurker. Look at the seats Iron Pig Off Road has, I have them and love them.
Thanks RockDoc - I've looked at those and like em a lot..I'll have to pull the trigger soon because I'm about to have to grab some phone books to sit on if I lose anymore foam.

rockdoc only has those seats cuzza me, lol

Dude, are you an IPOR guy? I love 'em, they hold you in place, they clean up nice (kinda like me), they have a better range of recline, they have pockets in the back, they AREN'T ripped!!!!!

FZJ80ismybaby only has four eyes in his sig. line because of me, :p

Dude, are you an IPOR guy? I love 'em, they hold you in place, they clean up nice (kinda like me), they have a better range of recline, they have pockets in the back, they AREN'T ripped!!!!!

FZJ80ismybaby only has four eyes in his sig. line because of me, :p

no, im not an IPOR guy, i sure wish i was, i'd be there all day, even after close working on stuff. :Dhaha, and yeah, you got me about the four eyes, dang:doh:, but both were worth it if you ask me, hhaa:beer:

welcome to mud. If you don't mind me asking, how much did the rig set you back?

welcome to mud. If you don't mind me asking, how much did the rig set you back?
Not at all, got it for $3k. Texas truck so there's no rust.....but like I said above, quite a few dents on the passenger side. They're mostly in the doors, been looking for a matching color set and I'll just swap out.

Nice rig, Welcome! I'm a noobie too. Congrats on accomplishing all that good work. It's good to get your hands dirty and make the rig "personal"

I like the diesel conversion plan. Biodiesel isn't just for "hippies" anymore!

Cool truck. Are you planning on doing your diesel conversion yourself or do you have a place in mind that does them?

Fellow Newbie

Sweet rig!
I just installed the OME Heavy lift/suspension kit. AWESOME! It's a MUST.
You will need a compressor and air tools, a high lift floor jack, and a breaker bar for the U bolts. It's a ton of work, but well worth it! Took me about 5 days by the time I got all the tools needed and finished the install. That was with my bros help and not too many interruptions. Good luck!

What width tires are those? I got 33x950s, but I think they are a bit skinny. I'm considering 1050s or new wheels and 1250s. You planning for bigger tires in the future?

Sweet rig!
I just installed the OME Heavy lift/suspension kit. AWESOME! It's a MUST.
You will need a compressor and air tools, a high lift floor jack, and a breaker bar for the U bolts. It's a ton of work, but well worth it! Took me about 5 days by the time I got all the tools needed and finished the install. That was with my bros help and not too many interruptions. Good luck!

What width tires are those? I got 33x950s, but I think they are a bit skinny. I'm considering 1050s or new wheels and 1250s. You planning for bigger tires in the future?

Luckily I have the tools (craigslist rocks) and am working on a place with a lift to make that job way easier. Springs are shot so I'm definitely ready. Tires are 31x1050 which I'm cool with for the stock set up, but I'll definitely go up to 33x1250 with the lift.

Cool truck. Are you planning on doing your diesel conversion yourself or do you have a place in mind that does them?

I'd love to do the conversion myself, so we'll so how confident I am around that time. There's a company out of san antonio that specializes in Toyota diesel conversions - www.dieseltoyz.com - but don't know much about them other than what I've read online. Can't wait for my exhaust to smell like popcorn...:D

Great looking rig! I think that is my favorite color. Good luck with it & welcome! :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom