Newbie Into 1974 FJ40 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m excited to be part of this group. Just picked up a 1974 40 with V8 Conversion, AA overdrive, mostly original paint other than where some was burned off in a fire 25 years ago! Also came with a 69 parts rig that I plan to sell so look for that soon.

Planning to repair the stock hardtop that was also has fire damage to the fiberglass roof. Hope to repair or replace the roof and get that back on soon .

Not my first cruiser. I also have a 84 FJ 60 that I’ve owned since 1995. Planning on a V8 conversion for that one soon.
Thanks for having me,
Aaron

59C5FF7C-9E6E-46C8-AE93-915812B55498.jpeg

CA973C94-D7A6-4DB8-A61F-36599395B43A.jpeg

BBE90CFF-FE5B-4FEF-85E5-2DA26F8E1D74.jpeg

3FAA4388-FD82-4CA3-AF72-1D290354EE80.jpeg

Welcome!

I see you are in the Seattle area also so I have to ask. There was a red FJ40 with the round turn signals and a tow bar on the front poking out from a barn that I spotted outside of Monroe. I'd drive by it almost every weekend and really wanted to stop in and ask about it but I seemed to always have my kids with me or something like that.

About a month ago I drove by and it was gone! Not going to lie, my heart sunk a little bit. I was too late!

This looks just like it. Was it you that scored it?

Yeah, that’s the one. Similar to you, I drove by every now and then and finally decided to leave a note on his door asking if he was interested in selling it. Super nice guy. The rig has had some issues including an engine fire in the past and also being parked next to his house when the house burned, so I just found a replacement for the fiberglass roof. I plan to drive it and slowly fix things.
Sorry you missed out on it. I’ve left notes before and never had anyone respond. Just lucky on the timing this time.

Yeah, that’s the one. Similar to you, I drove by every now and then and finally decided to leave a note on his door asking if he was interested in selling it. Super nice guy. The rig has had some issues including an engine fire in the past and also being parked next to his house when the house burned, so I just found a replacement for the fiberglass roof. I plan to drive it and slowly fix things.
Sorry you missed out on it. I’ve left notes before and never had anyone respond. Just lucky on the timing this time.

Wow! Small world. I honestly hoped it would pop up here and I'm just really happy that another mud member scored it!

The road it was on is a pretty obscure one, so I am guessing we cross paths a bit. Hopefully I'll see you cruising around in it.

There is also a PIG parked down the road about another 2 miles. It's under a tarp now. I've tried knocking on that person's door once but no luck. I should probably leave a note...

Wow! Small world. I honestly hoped it would pop up here and I'm just really happy that another mud member scored it!

The road it was on is a pretty obscure one, so I am guessing we cross paths a bit. Hopefully I'll see you cruising around in it.

There is also a PIG parked down the road about another 2 miles. It's under a tarp now. I've tried knocking on that person's door once but no luck. I should probably leave a note...
You should definitely leave a note and see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom