Newbie here (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
98 Aussie Hilux Dualcab

Hey all, good site you have here. I have a aussie spec 98 Hilux SR5 with a few mods. Main mods are Lexus 1uz dual lockers, 35s blah blah blah.

Seems to be some great tech here so hope to learn a bit. The bar works not finished but its getting there.
The barwork is being done by Custom 4x4 he is the same guy that did Twistys 4 Runner.

IMG_0891.jpg

IMG_0910.jpg

motorinlux2-1.jpg

Last edited:
good looking ride

Welcome to our forum and welcome aboard-thanks for the pictures.

Always good to see the unique styles to the down unders. Excellent body armor and I like that chop off at the rear.

Hey Boof.. sweet looking ride!

Geez I didnt update this real well:doh:

Finished that barwork and wheeled it for a while, made a magazine feature as well which was pretty cool.

GreenHiLux_040res.jpg

GreenHiLux_036res.jpg

GreenHiLux_037res.jpg

GreenHiLux_047res.jpg

Luxbeforephotoshoot025res.jpg

Then decided to go one step further. I used the Trail Gear sas kit with the classic rear kit and added a front airlocker along with a 30 spline set of Longfields.

I ran some big offset beadlocks for a bit with Krawlers but they were a pita to make work so I switched back to some KM2s instead.

I also had to sell off the old bar as it wouldnt fit after the sas so I made new one with the help of a good mate, we also modded the tray as after the sas it was too high so I removed the bodylift.

e3.jpg

e2.jpg

DSC00175res.jpg

As it sits now

IMG_6050res.jpg

I have had it out wheeling but no pics yet and I have just recently broken something in the front so will pull it apart this week to see what I have busted.

Anyway thats a quick up to date maybe I should post on here more than just trolling :idea:

That's just so cool, that body style with 4 doors. So jealous of you Oz guys.

What's the frame to ground measurement? Yours appears so much more proportional compared to the SASs in the States, which appear way to tall.

Thanks for updating!

That's just so cool, that body style with 4 doors. So jealous of you Oz guys.

What's the frame to ground measurement? Yours appears so much more proportional compared to the SASs in the States, which appear way to tall.

Thanks for updating!

Cheers for the comments. Not sure on the height as I havent measured it, I will get a measurment next time I am working on it.

Beautiful truck! this is a great shot:

GreenHiLux_040res.jpg

Cheers mate I like that shot a lot as well :cool:

Ground to Chassis measurement is 26"

Went out with a group of people for an easy day of wheeling on a scenic track. It consists of around 14+ water crossings and ends up at a waterfall. After some recent rains in the areas the creeks were all at a good fun level.

Some pics.

condamine30-11-08042.jpg

condamine30-11-08030.jpg

condamine30-11-08029.jpg

condamine30-11-08072.jpg

IMG_6233Small.jpg

Just a few pics from a trip out on the weekend.

All loaded up ready to go.

100_0153res.jpg

100_0683.jpg

100_0679.jpg

100_0690.jpg

032.jpg

028.jpg

Boof, AWESOME truck you have built! Probably my favorite Toyota pickup build. I have followed your progress on 4wdmonthly. Are you still doing the singlecab swap? Your build and Twisty's have been main inspiration for starting the UZ swap in my Tacoma. I have the engine and still collecting other parts. Thanks for sharing your build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom