Newbie here (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.4wdmonthly.com.au
Hi there, just thought Id show off my cruiser...

Well what can I say,

Its an intercooled turbo diesel
with a 4" lift
brand new front bar and winch just installed
dual battery system
35's mtr's
partime conversion
and blablabla...

Cheers
Ulises

bullbar-winch_30.jpg

Last edited:
Sure, another one to rub it in that we can't get diesels...

Welcome!

Dan

How ya going mate?
What is with all those words on the side of the wagon?
Thats a very unique front bullbar set up there foe an Aussie vehicle.

KliersLC said:

Dan

x2,

Welcome:flipoff2:

Jack

udm (nsw) with a 4" lift 35's mt[/QUOTE said:
Great rig - I sure wish we had diesels in the USA!

I was under the impression that lifts over 2 inchs and tires over 33 inches were forbidden in OZ. Am I mistaken? If not, how did you get around the rules?

I was in SE Australia a few years ago, and I sure don't recall seeing any 4 inch lifted Cruisers with big rubber.

John Davies
Spokane WA, USA

KliersLC said:

x3, welcome. :flipoff2: Nice rig.

John E Davies said:
Great rig - I sure wish we had diesels in the USA!

I was under the impression that lifts over 2 inchs and tires over 33 inches were forbidden in OZ. Am I mistaken? If not, how did you get around the rules?

I was in SE Australia a few years ago, and I sure don't recall seeing any 4 inch lifted Cruisers with big rubber.

John Davies
Spokane WA, USA
You are absolutly right... but it only costs around au$800 to get it checked and passed (engineered)... still, it doesnt mean that everybody has them engineered. Also, drive it like a 3ton car and you wont get pulled over.

Hey... and for the diesels in north america, ive heard of lots of guys converting to diesels... actually. ill tell you a secret, mine was petrol and I converted it last year.:D check it out www.ozsigns.com/aussie/fj80tohzj80/engine_conversion/index.html
Its not that hard if you got the know how.

Ulises

udm (nsw) said:

hey I remember reading that write up a while ago on your conversion. pretty nice rig (for a p plater :eek:)

I agree that the conversion isn't difficult but in the land of the free, availability of toyota diesels is low, as is parts should something go wrong.

but i have seen some nice cummins conversions ;)

rove_mcanus said:
hey I remember reading that write up a while ago on your conversion. pretty nice rig (for a p plater :eek:)

I agree that the conversion isn't difficult but in the land of the free, availability of toyota diesels is low, as is parts should something go wrong.

but i have seen some nice cummins conversions ;)
Hey, I just got here from south america, hence the p plate:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:, which also brings me to mention I am slightly older than 18, well, lets say ive been having a few :beer: for the past .................... 15 years now...:D

PS.Youve just reminded me that the "P" is already due :flipoff2:

Ulises

udm (nsw) said:
You are absolutly right... but it only costs around au$800 to get it checked and passed (engineered)... still, it doesnt mean that everybody has them engineered. Also, drive it like a 3ton car and you wont get pulled over.

Hey... and for the diesels in north america, ive heard of lots of guys converting to diesels... actually. ill tell you a secret, mine was petrol and I converted it last year.:D check it out www.ozsigns.com/aussie/fj80tohzj80/engine_conversion/index.html
Its not that hard if you got the know how.

Ulises
who did you get to engineer your ride?, hearing stories etc that no one will do the 35's anymore
:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom