Newbie here :). Looking for a mechanic or someone "in the know." (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey y'all! This is my second post. The guys from the 40 Forum were kind enough to direct me here. I am mechanically challenged, and I mean that I know very little about what to look for when purchasing a Cruiser. I found one that I am very interested in but need someone to look it over for me. I will pay you for your time and drive time to the owner's house in Flower Mound if you would be so kind as to help a sister out! :) The link below is my original post with pictures and minor details.

Thanks SO much in advance!

Alyssa

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/new-member-fj-newbie.805636/

Tell us a little about your plans for the 40....daily driver? Ice cream runs on the weekend, offroad adventures? Garage to park in?
I office in Lewisville might be able to look at it one afternoon this week.

Tell us a little about your plans for the 40....daily driver? Ice cream runs on the weekend, offroad adventures? Garage to park in?
I office in Lewisville might be able to look at it one afternoon this week.

Thanks so much for your reply!
All of the above! :) I used to have an 80 CJ7 and did a little minor (very minor) off-roading and really want to pick it up as a hobby. It would be a second vehicle, but like my Jeep, I will probably end up driving it every day as it's hard to put them up. The owner only has liability on it or he would let me take it to a mechanic. He is very open to having someone look it over before I buy it. He lives off FM 1409 near Lantana and offices on 1409 near Highland Village. As I said, I would happily pay you for your time as I have no idea what to look for and am ready to dive in... but not into a mess. Would totally appreciate any help!

Join TLCA (Toyota Land Cruiser Association) and bring what ever you buy to our meetings the second Thursday of each month at Papas BBQ on Northwest Highway in Dallas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom