Newbie here just bought an 80! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just bought a 2 owner 1993 that the last owner has had since 1995! It is beautiful and came with all the maintenance records since then. The only thing wrong I s a shaky drivers side mirror and a drivers seat that one side only moves fore and aft. Other than those two things and dulling white paint she is a beaut! At 6'4" I was wondering if anyone made an aftermarket seat bracket that would move me back a bit. This is my first cruiser as I have been a wrangler owner for a long time but I wanted something a little more comfy. It has a 3" spring lift and 34" tires so I'll be ready to play! Any info on the issues I have would be great! Thanks

I just bought a 2 owner 1993 that the last owner has had since 1995! It is beautiful and came with all the maintenance records since then. The only thing wrong I s a shaky drivers side mirror and a drivers seat that one side only moves fore and aft. Other than those two things and dulling white paint she is a beaut! At 6'4" I was wondering if anyone made an aftermarket seat bracket that would move me back a bit. This is my first cruiser as I have been a wrangler owner for a long time but I wanted something a little more comfy. It has a 3" spring lift and 34" tires so I'll be ready to play! Any info on the issues I have would be great! Thanks
Welcome:flipoff2: Check the search feature, ur seat is probably missing a plastic plug screw on one side underneath and I believe landtank sell brackets to give you more leg room?

Wow you guys rock and thanks for the fast replies. Seat track ordered, plastic screw thingy coming, and I will try and tackle the shaky mirror thing tomorrow! Also is there an easy way to adjust the trams kick down? It seems I have to use a lot of long skinny pedal before she down shifts. And btw :flipoff2:

Somebody already mentioned it, but Landtank's seat bracket mod is really easy to do and gives you about 4 inches more room. I put them on both front seats and it took about an afternoon to do both seats, ... you can find him here in the forum.
Louis

do the gamiviti gears first - it's a PITA to do if you already have the seat extenders installed

Congrats and welcome. The shaky mirror can be remedied by tightening the screw on the underside of the mirror. I had that same issue and it is pretty common. I got my rig last weekend. I am learning, just like you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom