Newbie here - Can someone tell me what this is? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This truck currently lives in Orlando, FL. It has about 190K on the odometer and owner wants $7300. I not sure this is "the one" though. I’m also looking at 97 LX450, locked, 166K with spectacular maintenance records. This one is black and is less than 150 miles from me in Louisville, KY. I hate all of the Lexus fluff but I’m looking for a truck to keep for a long time and the verified service records are a HUGE selling point for me. The LX450 is $7500.
105_1518.JPG
105_1531.JPG
105_1557.JPG

The leather pattern is Cruiser.
The truck has been heavily detailed and I think the price is too high for the miles.

The leather pattern is Cruiser.
The truck has been heavily detailed and I think the price is too high for the miles.

how much should be a fair price for this one .. or how many miles should be fair for this price ?

I'm thinking more around 5 to maybe 6.

that undercarriage is too clean - deceptively clean - fresh paint clean....the bolt that holds the vibration dampener should be all surface rusted by now. It looks "correctly rusted" textured under that black paint.

and that engine bay is too clean as well: ArmorAll can't help the throttle cable that cooked off its housing a long time ago.

I prefer the honesty of dirt and oil and even some rust myself....

Just sayin' look closely... somebody put a lot of effort into 'cleaning' it.

that undercarriage is too clean - deceptively clean - fresh paint clean....the bolt that holds the vibration dampener should be all surface rusted by now. It looks "correctly rusted" textured under that black paint.

and that engine bay is too clean as well: ArmorAll can't help the throttle cable that cooked off its housing a long time ago.

I prefer the honesty of dirt and oil and even some rust myself....

Just sayin' look closely... somebody put a lot of effort into 'cleaning' it.

It definitely looks steam cleaned, but neither of my trucks (rescued from So Cal) did not have "correctly rusted" anything on them.

Depending on where it's from, how it was used, and how it was maintained, then it's extremely plausible the it's all original, and just fine.

Agreed.
Mine has lived it's whole life in the desert and if I scrubbed it's tummy it would look like that one.

Except for the bashed control arm mounts of course...:hillbilly:

Hi Guys, I'm not sure, but I think that the 4500 EFI sticker is not on the right place...

Please correct me if I'm wrong...

By the way, what about those front clear corner and filler lights? Are those original in a US version 80 Series

Last edited:
The markers are off of an LX450.

Whomever owned it was someone who liked to customize it a bit with factory stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom