Newbie here - Can someone tell me what this is? (1 Viewer)

Im looking at 96 LC w/lockers. I have this picture of a box with what looks like a loose bolt. Whats is this thing? Thanks in advance and :flipoff2: to all of you!
-Patrick in Kentucky
105_1534.JPG

It’s a clean truck. The owner (2nd owner) says he bought if from the original owner, a rich old man, who babied it. He claims it’s never been off road even one time. The undercarriage and engine almost look too clean.

105_1550.JPG
105_1568.JPG
105_1572.JPG

cruiserdan

SupportingVendor Emeritus
Land Cruiser Heritage Museum broom closet

The engine compartment has been cleaned up, which is not necessarily a bad thing. The chassis may also have been done. It has aftermarket woodgrain an aftermarket alarm and has had the JDM side mouldings and decal added to the quarter panel.

Good color, no roof rack (really good), rear deflector (not so good).

It looks like the stock bumpers have been replaced as they appear to be colored the default Toyota gray as opposed to the blue on the rest of the truck.

cruiserdan

I thought the rack and deflector were part of the same package.

-B-
Nope. My red 94 had no rack, but had the deflector. It also had running boards, no lockers, and the vastly superior cloth manual seats.
You are both right.

For 91-94 the rack and deflector were individual accessories. In 95-97 they were "bundled" as a PPO (Post Production Option) but could still be obtained as individual accessories over-the-counter and added after the fact.

lowenbrau

SILVER Star

It has a lot of non-USA spec hints. The bumpers were body colour in other markets, and as Dan said, roof rack, moldings, and engine sticker.

I'm guessing it's not originally from Kentucky

cruiserdan

No.

The sliding glass is part of the "Third Seat" option (which was also included in the leather option). Vehicles without third seat are very rare but they are out there.
They do not have privacy glass and the quarter glasses are fixed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom