Newbie here but 15yr cruiser owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Name's Gary.
I'm in the (High Lakes) area of Northern California.
I've had my 40 for almost 15 years, bought if for $1500 from my wifes Uncle. Been in the family since new. Had a 4runner and neglected my cruiser for the last 3-4 years so decided to sell the runner and start re-building the cruiser.

1972 FJ40
It's Blue...Hence Blucruz.
Has a 327 bored .040, 2.02 fuelie heads, edelbrock MPI pro-efi.
TH400 with 1200 stall.
The previous owner decided a dana 18 t-case laying around grandpa's shop was the thing to use when the 3sp case cracked out. I even put in a Tera-3.15:1 gear kit in it. Crawls well but loud as hell on the highway. Orion case #370 getting ready to go in its place.

In the process of a M-A-F shackle reversal with 2.5 OME Front springs, and 4" rear springs. Not doing SOA because of the amount of street this thing will see.

Saginaw steering
Mini Knuckle's & discs up front, Warn Hubs 4:10's open
GM calipers & rotors on the rear 4:10's open but detroit on order.

Full family cage made by making a front hoop and top bars then turning a second stock 40 cage around and welding it to the down tubes on the original roll bar. Booty fab but looks decent.

GM truck column & Painless 18 circuit harness.

Yada...yada...yada.

See Ya..
Blucruz
:flipoff2:

Wow, sounds like a sick 40 you got yourself there. Post up some pics so we can all see your progress.

Kevin

you say it sees alot of pavement. just wondering what kinda rpms your turning with the th400, and what tires are you running?

don't forget the pics.

Old pic of blu
cruzr.JPG

you say it sees alot of pavement. just wondering what kinda rpms your turning with the th400, and what tires are you running?

don't forget the pics.

It turns about 2600rpm at 60mph with old 35" BFG AT's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom