Newbie Has Questions... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello All... I've always dreamed of owning a 40 series but haven't ever been able to find one I could afford. Found an '84 BJ40 with the 3-B diesel that fit the bill. Can anyone comment (hopefully from personal experience more than just what they've heard), how hard or expensive it is to find parts for this model diesel? I looked around at some sites just trying to get a feel for things by looking at the cost of a new starter or engine rebuild kit and was kinda shocked. Any advice or constructive input would be appreciated. Thanks!

The B series powered cruisers were never offered for sale, new in the US market.
There are very few places that you can actually walk into and walk out with parts....a Toyota dealership will all but laugh at you....but in this day and age, anything can be mail ordered.

The B series powered cruisers were never offered for sale, new in the US market.
There are very few places that you can actually walk into and walk out with parts....a Toyota dealership will all but laugh at you....but in this day and age, anything can be mail ordered.
Thanks!
Any suggestions on good websites to look at for B engine parts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom